During my goal setting time in early December I decided that I would send way more cards in 2017, especially birthday cards. I was tired of feeling like the shoemaker who’s children had no shoes. I’m a card maker for pete’s sake…let’s get them in the mail! Then as luck would have it I got sick for weeks and fell hopelessly behind. So now I’m catching up and renewing my goals.
So today I have a simple birthday card I shared with my team last month. It uses the Balloon Adventures Bundle from the 2017 Occasions Catalog. When you purchase it as a bundle you save 10% off and now through the end of March you get to choose a free product from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Win- Win! You can browse the Free items Here.
Polka dots and stripes…love them together. How about you? And what do you think about the new doilies in the Occasions Catalog? I really never used doilies much except in vintage cards until just recently. I was at an event in November and saw how one of the Artisan’s used them everywhere and now I’m kind of into them. And you know what’s special about these? They’re Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other!
I mentioned above about getting a free product during Sale-A-Bration but I didn’t want to forget to tell you about the best deal right now. The Starter Kit is only $99 and you get $125 in product of your choice PLUS you can pick TWO Stamps for FREE! If you have a long wish list – it’s the thing to do! If you have questions please feel free to email me or pick up the phone and give me a call. Information to reach me is at the very top of the blog.
Make it Now!
Watermelon Wonder card base 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Smoky Slate layer 3 x 4-1/2
Whisper White layer 2-3/4 x 4-1/4
Tasty Treats – Designer Series Paper 2 x 5-1/2
- Using Watermelon Wonder ink, stamp the balloon image from Balloon Adventures on to the whisper white layer and then stamp the tiny bow.
- Stamp the balloon string in Smoky Slate.
- Glue the stamped layer to the Smoky Slate layer and tie the whisper white ribbon around the bottom and tie a knot.
- Using a scrap of white, stamp the banner outline in Smoky Slate and the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder. Fussy cut the banner and add it to the ballon layer with dimensionals.
- Glue the stripped Designer Series Paper to the left side of the card base and then adhere the doily (I used half a doily).
- Now add your stamped layers to the card base and then stamp a happy birthday sentiment on a white 4 x 5-1/4 layer on the inside of the card.
- It’s always fun to add a balloon or two on the envelope.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
I used the January 2017 Paper Pumpkin Kit this past week to deliver Kit Kats to customers, neighbors and a few strangers. In fact there’s a funny little story about some of the recipients I wanted to share before showing you the cute “just a little thanks” card I made using the exclusive stamps from this month’s kit.
Above you can see how the kit was intended to be used with the cute little arrows on top. I created about half of them exactly as you see for my club members. But then when I wanted to slip in a business card and it was a bit too tall, I folded in the top to make them more like little bags. Still cute!
So I put about 10 of the little treats in a little basket when I left the house yesterday morning with the intention of giving them out to random strangers and then I promptly left them at the Bojangles where I had breakfast. After lunch with a team member, when I realized I left them, I went back to get them. I asked the young gal at the counter about my basket full of treats and her face got almost ashen. She directed me to the counter where they had placed my basket….completely empty! And then with sheepish looks all the different employees started bringing back the treats to set back in the basket. I smiled and wished them all a Happy Valentine’s Day and left with my empty basket. I then realized the decision of who received my little treats had been completely taken out of my hands. 🙂
Here’s an alternative project that can be used all year long.
- Paper Pumpkin comes with exclusive stamps that can be used in future projects like this quick and easy thank you card.
- I added a Watermelon Wonder card base and a Flirty Flamingo 4 x 5-1/4 layer.
- I used the banner from the kit on a 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 Whisper White Layer
- The stamping was done on a 2 x 2 piece of wisher white.
Paper Pumpkin Kits are fun for all types of crafters.
- The projects range from cards, to home decor to cute treats containers and more.
- They are great for beginners and yet seasoned crafters love them.
- I love that I can grab the box and take it with me so I can craft on the go. Everything you need is right in the box along with easy to follow directions.
- Need something new for family fun nights…give these fun kits a try.
- They make great gifts family members and friends
And the best part – The 3 Month Subscription is on SALE until the end of March. Plus you can choose a FREE Sale-a-bration Product!
Click Below To Purchase Yours Today
Hope your Valentine’s Day is love filled with lots of chocolate candy!
Undecided if you need another valentine stamp set? I was too until I saw the Love Note Framelit Dies that come as part of the Sealed with Love Bundle. If you love hearts know that you can use this die set way past Valentine’s Day. The reason I had to have the dies was for the beautiful heart die edgelit. And of course the teeny tiny envelopes that I used in my last post.
These are the beautiful new Lace Doilies in the Occasions catalog. One side is Very Vanilla (used here) and the other side is Whisper White. Want a wow card add some Gold Foil and Gold Embossing Powder! Our Layering Circles include 16 dies both plain and scalloped making them so versatile. I always love getting lots of use from my dies.
The sentiment is from the Falling for You Stamp Set on page 51 of the Occasions Catalog. It’s part of the Falling in Love Suite which is another one of my favorites in the new catalog. It’s where you’ll find the Lace Doilies and other beautiful products.
Love this sentiment especially embossed in gold!
If you enjoyed this project make sure you sign up for my newsletter by entering your name and email in the box on the right. I’ll keep you updated on sales and specials offered by both Stampin’ Up! and myself. Plus I share project tutorials and other tips and tricks and giveaways.
Products Used in Today’s Card:
After many weeks of being under the weather I’m finally back in my stamp studio and it feels so good. It just seems fitting that I start back with a couple of Valentine projects since it’s just around the corner. We did this one in stamp club and the girls all loved the cute little envelopes you can make with the Love Note Framelits Dies. They are teeny tiny and just make you want to smile.
I used a layer of vellum over the stamped sentiment and kisses to give them a softer look. I like to attach my vellum to my card with adhesive only where it can’t be seen so I used one of the beautiful Delicate White Doilies to hide where it was attached. And doilies, though they can be used any time, are the perfect addition to a valentines card.
You can save 10% when you purchase the Sealed with Love Bundle which includes the Sealed with Love Stamp Set and the Love Note Framelits Dies. And if you’re thinking…I’m not really into Valentine projects still give the dies a look. You can use the dies in projects throughout the entire year. Stop back tomorrow to see how I’ve used this bundle in a gorgeous card that you can use for a wedding or anniversary.
And what’s Valentine’s Day without a chocolate treat. Here I’ve taken a Russel Stover individually wrapped chocolate caramel heart and wrapped it with a little love using our Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack.
The Sending Love Paper Stack comes in the traditional red and white and includes 48 (6 x 6) sheets of double-sided beautiful and fun paper. Many of the sheets can be used long after Valentine’s Day is over. I bet you can think of at least a handful of people that would love a little treat like this from you. Or how about handing them out as random acts of kindness during the month of February. That’s what I’m thinking of doing. 🙂
Is Happening Now!
Lots of ways to get some great deals during my favorite time of the year!
- SHOP! – Here’s the deal: for every $50 you spend (before tax and shipping) you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. Order those things on your wish list and earn FREE product! Perfect!
- HOST! – Another excuse to get together with friends and family. Host a qualifying party and earn an extra $25 in Stampin’ Up! products FREE! That’s means you would have a minimum of $50 to redeem in product or you can apply the rewards to a Starter Kit for even bigger deals. Your party can be in your home, my stamp studio or on Facebook!
- JOIN! – This is the best deal! Purchase a Starter Kit and join my fun Happy Heart Stampers Group. I know…you’re asking what do I get for the $99 fee and what are the obligations.
- First, you get to choose $125 in product (your choice)
- and…you get to pick TWO FREE stamp sets – ANY PRICE!
- AND…There’s no shipping.
- Obligations? – NONE!
- For more information or to join now click HERE.
Contact me to to shop, host or join. I would be happy to help you in whatever way you would like to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration. If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact me. (Scroll to the very top for my contact information)
Have a Happy Day!
Products Used in today’s projects:
It’s time for Stampin’ Up!’s Online Extravaganza!
From November 21 through November 28
Click Here to view the entire list of what’s on sale.
Plus we’re starting today off with a Flash Sale!!!
(Items marked with an * are While Supplies Last!)
Capitalize on this sale by purchasing the Starter Kit. You can save an additional 20% on sale items and be eligible to save 20% in December on new Spring Catalog products while earning free Sale-a-bration products if you join my team. There are no obligations AND free shipping on your customized kit.
My newsletter subscribers are receiving a special gift from me with a $50 order. Subscribe today to be eligible for this gift. You will find the sign up box in the sidebar.
One of my favorite products in the Flash Sale is the Embellished Ornaments and coordinating Dies.
Here’s a simple but beautiful project I did last year using this stamp and die set.
- Cut a Basic Black card base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2. Score and fold it at 4-1/4.
- Cut a Very Vanilla layer 4 x 5-1/4 and punch each of the corners with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch (now retired). Stamp your sentiment in Basic Black – bottom Center
- Die cut the solid ornament in Basic Black card stock.
- Die cut the filigree ornament in Gold Glimmer Paper. Use the Precision Plate and Die Brush with all your intricate dies for easy die cutting. Also cut one of the ornament tops.
- I adhered the Glimmer ornament to the black ornament with glue dots in several places and then adhered it to the card with dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the Black Stitched Satin Ribbon (retired) and attach it with additional glue dots. To finish the inside of your card cut another 4-1/4 x 5-1/5 piece of very vanilla card stock and stamp a sentiment of your choice.
And now for a past project using the Gift Bag Punch Board which is 30% off today only!
Fall in north Georgia can be the prettiest time of the year. This year however, with no rain and it staying warm the colors are a bit disappointing. But leaves cut from Stampin’ Up!’s Copper and Gold Foil certainly don’t disappoint!
- I cut two leaves using the Leaflets Framelits from the annual catalog…the larger one in Copper Foil and the smaller in Gold Foil.
- To keep the leaves from looking like they were just floating around on the card front I embossed the Crumb Cake layer with the Pretty Paisley’s Embossing Folder. I sure hope this folder doesn’t retire anytime soon.
- Add just a simple Basic Black solid twine to the top of the leaves and your’e done
- I decided it was too simple and pretty to add a sentiment on the outside. So this card will be stamped on the inside when it’s ready to be sent
Shop with me and earn FREE STAMPS!
Looking for a DEAL? Check out the Clearance Rack and November Promotions
Sign up for my Newsletter and/or JOIN my private Facebook group.
Products used in today’s card: