October is National Breast Cancer awareness month and like others my family has been touched by breast cancer and other forms of cancer. I myself have battled non-hodgikins lymphoma and want to tell you first hand how important it is to reach out to those fighting this terrible battle. I cherished every card and phone call I received. Every visit and prayer that was said for and with me. I learned how important it was to be remembered by others during a difficult time.
I plan to share other pink project throughout the month in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and want to remind all my family, friends, customers and followers how important it is to remember to have your mammograms and exams. I just had mine yesterday and then spent the rest of the day shopping and with my sweet baby grandson…Lucas. Every day is a blessing!
- The stamp set Ribbon Of Courage has both a solid ribbon and this beautiful flower and heart design ribbon. You can keep it simple like I did here or have fun coloring.
- The sentiments are ones that can be used whenever you want to send a message of encouragement. I am partial to this one…’with faith all things are possible’. Faith that my God was in control no matter the outcome is what got me through each and every day of my treatment.
- The colors are Pink Pirouette with the floral design stamped in Melon Mambo. The sweet die cut heart and rhinestone add a special touch to a very simple card.
- You will notice this is a case from the annual catalog on page 97…just a very simple version.
- Measurements below.
Important for October:
- Shop with my Host Code – EJG2Y29C when shopping my Online Store this month and receive a free gift of black rhinestones from me (any size order).
- This is an awesome month to purchase the Starter Kit – Choose new Stampin’ Blends and 15% off stamps. Click here to learn more.
- It’s an awesome time to be a customer – 15% off stamps, designer series paper sale (buy 3 get 1 free) and an opportunity to receive a free exclusive Christmas stamp set for hosting a qualified party or private card class. Click here to learn more.
Pink Pirouette Card base – 4-1/4 X 11 scored and filled in half
Layer – 2-1/2 X 4
Scrap for the ribbon
Whisper White layer – 2-1/4 X 3-3/4
- Stamp the sentiment on the right side of the whisper white layer in smokey slate ink and adhere to the pink pirouette layer with snail.
- Add this to the card base with dimensionals.
- Stamp the ribbon in Melon Mambo and die cut along with the pink heart.
- Add the heart to the ribbon with a mini glue dot and then add the ribbon to the card with dimensionals.
Have you tried the Stampin’ Up! Embossing Paste yet from Stampin’ Up!
I’m now thinking what took me so long to open that jar of fun! You can use the white paste right out of the jar or mix in a drop or two of re-inker and make it any color you like. I used Lemon Lime Twist on my first card and love it!
- Make sure you also order the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and the Palette Knives. There are four fun masks to use with the embossing paste. But guess what…you can also use them with sponge daubers and spritzers. Think of all the possibilities.
- When mixing the ink with the paste I find the Silicone Craft Sheet to be the perfect tool. The non stick surface makes for easy mixing and easy clean up.
- Now for applying the paste. Easy as can be. Place your mask on the card stock and apply the paste like frosting on a cake. Then take the long palette knife and scrap off the excess. Gently take the mask off and let dry while you create another element on the card.
- I teamed the paste up with the Cool Treats Stamp Set and Dies. Even though the kids are in school, it’s still summer here in Georgia and a perfect time for ice cream. But wait, are you an ice cream lover like I am…I can eat ice cream all year long, even in the dead of winter!
- The ovals make the perfect backdrop for my ice cream cone and I love the way the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Ovals coordinate. I own all the shapes – circles, ovals and squares. One of the reasons I’m a demonstrator…the discount!
$1,000 Hostess Party!
Learn how you can earn $20 in hostess rewards without actually hosting a party in your home!
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Clearance Rack is stocked with lots of new products – up to 60% off. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Paper Pumpkin Promo – first time subscribers. 50% off when you use the code HAFLOFF0917
August early release bundle –Carols of Christmas
Today”s Project Supply List. Click Products To Shop On Line.
How much fun is this card? I love sunflowers…how about you? They have a special meaning for me as every time I see one it causes me to stop and remember a special little boy.
If you know me, you know that I love clean and simple cards. It’s my style for two reasons…one, I need for my card making to be quick! If I have to spend too much time it just isn’t fun for me. Are there many of you out there that feel the same? And two, luckily, I love the look!
I’ve been playing with the Eastern Palace Suite for a couple of weeks now and though I love the entire suite I am crazy in love with the dies! So I decided for stamp club this month they would get to make this fun clean and simple sunflower card.
- The Eastern Palace die used for the petals is perfect for making sunflowers. I use the Precision Plate and Die Brush for all my intricate dies now. The Precision Plate helps to make deeper cuts so that all the intricate parts of the die are cut through. Then the Die Brush with it’s mat make it so you don’t have to sit and poke all the little pieces out. These are must have tools if you are into intricate dies.
- There are a number of wonderful sentiments in the Eastern Palace Stamp Set but I am loving the two curved ones so much!
- Embossing folders are a great way to give your cards texture. Here, the center of the sunflower is a 2″ circle that’s been embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I’m sad to say that this folder was on the retiring list and has been sold out since I designed this card for my stamp club. But, with all the embossing folders both new and old I’m sure there’s a folder that would still look great.
- The little bee, if you are loving her, is one of the stamps in the Touches of Texture stamp set. You do have to fussy cut her out but it’ s really easy to do if you have a pair of Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Snips. They are so sharp and easy to use.
The Eastern Palace Suite is in the new annual catalog that will go live on June 1
but, you can get it now as an early release.
For details on each of the bundles, what Free Gifts
you get with each, and how to order click Here.
Hope you have a smile filled day today! And while you are surfing on social media please visit me on Facebook.Pinterest and Instagram. Links are at the very top of the side bar. Plus, join my mailing list for free tutorials and updates.
Products used in today’s project:
We made this fun fall card in Stamp Club this month using the stamp set Sheltering Tree. By taking markers, a clear block and some water you can produce some really cool effects. I loved the way each person marveled at each others cards. Every card though done the same way came out completely different. Sure wish now I had taken some pics of all the different looks.
- The colors in this card are Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Cajun Craze. I used Stampin’ Write Markers which are water based markers and perfect for this technique. And the white layer is just Whisper White card stock so no special paper needed.
- Always remember to color from light to dark. This is so you don’t contaminate your light color markers with dark ink. I use Crushed Curry first and then Olive Olive and lastly Cajun Craze.
- Use a Stampin’ Spritzer with water to spritz the block. Hold it at arms length and spritz 2 or 3 times. You will see the colors run and blend a little. The more water the more it will look water colored. I used less water on the one above and had a slightly different look. Practice and play until you like the look.
- I have one little Rhinestone in the tree. Not sure if you can see it …look close. It sparkles in person!
Last Days For the Designer Series Paper Sale
Buy Three Get On Free
Ends October 31
Products used in today’s project:
I’m giving another Thoughtful Branches Card Away Today!
Yesterday I posted a gorgeous tree and now today some beautiful Hydrangeas. Both were created with the Thoughtful Branches Bundle. If you didn’t comment on yesterday’s card and would like a chance to have it sent to you please Click Here, take a peek and make a comment. I’ll be choosing a person to receive that card tomorrow morning.
I’ll be posting additional cards throughout the rest of the month using this bundle and every time I do I’ll be choosing someone to receive it. So yes, please comment on today’s card and I’ll be choosing some lucky person on Monday morning.
- The hydrangeas are again two die cuts adhered together slightly off set. Just like yesterday’s tree it provides fullness.
- One flower is Melon Mambo sponged with Perfect Plum. The second is actually two colors…Elegant Eggplant on the bottom and Wisteria Wonder sponged with Perfect Plum on top.
- See yesterday’s post to learn more about what Big Shot platforms and plates work best with intricate dies.
- Here you can more easily see the Clear Wink of Stella used on the flowers. It’s an easy way to give some shimmer and shine to your completed card.
- The bow is Stampin’ Up’s! Very Vanilla Lace Trim.
With a Happy Heart,
PRODUCTS USED TO CREATE TODAY’S CARD:
I fell in love with the Layering Love stamp set as soon as I saw it. Sentiments that I like to incorporate in my life. Today’s is the Live Laugh Love stamp. I was struggling to remember how the saying went and thought I would google it. To my surprise there are lots of versions.
- Live every moment Laugh every day, Love beyond words
- Live well, Laugh often, Love much
- Live with promise, Laugh with pleasure, Love with passion
- Live your life to the fullest, Laugh at every stupid thing, Love like there’s no tomorrow
- Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever
- Live life, Laugh often, Love God
- Live like there’s no tomorrow, Laugh like you did when you were little, Love like you’ve never been hurt
Which one is your favorite?
- Give your cards a pop of color with the new Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape. I like to just tear it off the roll…quick and cute!
- This year’s new Stampin’ Up! In Colors are trendy and beautiful. And if you’re like me you’ll want every one of the five colors with all the coordinating products. Can you guess which two are my favorites? If you said Dapper Denim and Sweet Sugarplum you are correct…at least for now.
- The new Heart Famelits are called Sweet and Sassy. Included are both traditional shaped hearts like in my card today or the cute sassy shaped ones.
- The Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly Punches are well loved punches in my stamp studio. If you are a beginner stamper or just haven’t ordered both of them yet…what are you waiting for!!
- A Perfect Touch! A White Perfect Accent added to the layered butterfly is exactly what was needed.
Another cute project right from the pages of the new catalog!
Do you have the New Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog Yet?
Are you wishing you had your very on catalog to curl up with? If the answer is yes and you plan to place your next order with me please click here to request your copy.
My Project Supply List. Click product pictures to shop on-line.