I love fancy fold cards but I also love simplicity. So this is a card I created for one of my OnStage swaps using the Just Because Host stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. It’s a double front fold card that’s really quite simple to create.
You will notice that the stamps in this set actually come with the sentiments attached. To give me more flexibility since I really wanted this to be a thank you card I just cut the rubber stamp making it 2 separate stamps. Then I used the thank you stamp that comes in the set. I can always but the stamp back together on a clear block…so don’t fear…give it a try! And to make it really easy since I was making 20 of these cards I used the Stamparatus to making positioning the stamps easy.
Get Them Before They’re Gone! All the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog and Occasions Catalog Host stamp sets will retire as of June 4! You need to earn these stamp sets with Stampin’ Rewards. There are two way to earn them.
- Have a private class or party (either online or in person) and earn them with a qualifying order. I still have dates open on my calendar through the end of May.
- Or place a qualifying order of $150 or more.
See these stamps sets and details up close and personal HERE.
Now let me show you the inside of the card and why this is called a double front card.
When you open the card you find the sentiment on what appears to be another card but smaller. Love this cute sentiment. It’s from the Thankful Thoughts Stamp Sets that’s fa collection of wonderful sentiments.
And once you open the second front you have a place to write your own thoughts to the person you are thanking. Of course if you aren’t one to write long lengthy thoughts you could always stamps some surprise 😉
I love to hear from you! Please leave me any questions you may have or comments about today’s project.
Card Base in Granny Apple Green: 5-1/2″ x 6″ scored at 4-1/4″ and folded
2 Granny Apple Green mats: 2-3/4″ x4″
2 Whisper White layers 2-1/2″x3-3/4″
Whisper White layer for 2nd card front: 4-3/4 x 7-3/4″ scored at 3-7/8″ and folded
Fold the Granny Apple card base and adhere the Whisper White 2nd folded card front to the center of the inside
Mat the inside sentiment and adhere it to the center of the Whisper White card front
Apply adhesive to the left of the matted flower image, fold the card shut so you can adhere this layer to the card front making sure it is directly over top of the inside image.
Products Used in Today’s Project:
I pulled out this FREE Saleabration stamp set the other day and thought…let’s have some fun! I have boys…2 sons, a husband, and a grandson! Usually, there’s not a lot of girly things happening at my house so if I pull out a frog stamp I think guy project! But not this time…this time I thought pink, purple and frilly with a few bumpies for frog fun!
The stamp set, So Hoppy Together, is one you can get FREE during Saleabration when you place a $50 order. It has the 3 cutest frogs with a few fun extras and sentiments. I used Stampin’ Blends for the coloring because you get a great look even if you aren’t an expert with coloring. All you have to remember is to use Memento Black Ink so the color doesn’t bleed with the black.
For the bumpies I used the new Dot To Dot Embossing Folder in the Occasions catalog on Granny Apple Green cardstock. And then to make the card girly i added purple – Heather Highland and some of the girly 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon tied in a bow.
This is a perfect fun card for my niece…a young fun girly girl!
Earn FREE product for every $50 or $100 (total before shipping and tax) you spend. You’ll see that many of the free products coordinate with items from the Occasions catalog which will stretch your crafting dollars. Click here to view all your choices in the the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
Want even more for your money…Save 10% when you purchase coordinating product bundles.
Today is the last day to sign up for my local Simply Beautiful Card Class and you also don’t want to miss my fun Pampered Chef and Stampin’ Up! Valentine’s Class.
Products used in today’s project:
Have you taken a look at the A Good Day stamp set in the Occasions catalog? I know I overlooked it the first go round. But upon a closer look I knew it would make super “cute” cards. I have 4 to show you over time and I think you are going to love each and every one of them. Plus check out the gorgeous ribbon!
Just a few details and pdf tutorial:
- First take a look at the Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon. It’s a soft crinkled ribbon that is easy to tie and is absolutely gorgeous on projects of all kinds. Here it’s in Peekaboo Peach.
- The texture on the base layer was created with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. This line of folders creates deep impressions especially if you spritz with a little water. When you use any of the dynamic folders make sure you use just one standard cutting pad on the top of the folder. If you forget how to sandwich this folder you can find a picture in the annual catalog on page 211.
- Two new Scalloped Circle Punches were created to coordinate with this stamp set. They can be layered together or mix and matched with our circle punches. On this card I used the 1-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch matted with our 1-1/2″ Circle Punch.
- The tiny leaves were colored with the light Old Olive Stampin’ Blend. For such small spaces I like to use the brush side of the marker using the lightest touch possible.
- Make sure you order a package of the Delicate White Doilies in your next order. They add that little extra that makes your cards a wow. There 24 in the package for on $3 and you can cut them up and use just a portion like I did here.
- Click Here for Free PDF Tutorial
If you would like to receive additional tutorials just like this one subscribe to my newsletter today. Members of my newsletter and members of my team (great time to join through March 31) receive 30 or more amazing tutorials each month created by a global tutorial group I belong to. I’m sure you will love the variety of projects they create.
Please leave me a comment or question about today’s project. I would love to send today’s card to someone who makes a comment. I’ll be sending yesterday’s card to Suzan Lowe! Remember I will need your address if you are randomly chosen to receive today’s card.
If you would like to receive additional tutorials just like this one subscribe to my newsletter today.
Members of my newsletter and members of my team (great time to join through March 31) receive 30 or more amazing tutorials each month created by a global tutorial group I belong to. I’m sure you will love the variety of projects they create.
Today’s project used one of the In Colors that will be retiring this year. If these are some of your favorite colors make sure you stock up on them now. When the retiring list is announced in April the re-inkers will be gone within hours and the paper and other items soon after. Stock up now!
Thanks for stopping in today!
Products Used on Today’s Project:
The past two mornings in north Georgia have actually felt a bit like Fall! I was ready to pull out my fall and winter clothes until I looked at the weather app…looks like I have to hold off for at least another week. But today I’m going to enjoy the cooler temps and share a fall card!
- Pretty paper makes me smile and when it’s on sale I smile even more! Stock up on your favorite during our October Pretty Paper Promotion, Buy 3 packs from a selected group of papers and get 1 pack for FREE! You can double up on the papers you like or get one of each. This sale is NOT limited to just 3 so have fun and go on a shopping spree!!
- The all over pattern of this pretty fall paper makes it so the rest of the card can be kept simple. Just add a sentiment if you like or dress the sentiment up a bit like I did here.
- Stampin’ Up!’s color coordination is what made me a fan early on. It’s just so easy to pull colors from the printed paper knowing the card stock will match perfectly.
- The fall patterns and colors make this paper perfect for fall projects but when you flip many of the patterns over you will see colors and patterns you can use all year long. So now you have two things to love about our paper…the coordination and the versatility!
- The Pretty Label Punch from the Annual Catalog has a sweet shape. I like it the most when it looks like it’s matted with a second layer. It’s a trick I teach in my classes and I love to see the newbies smile when they realize how easy it is to do.
- The fall sprigs are from the Pick a Pumpkin Bundle and add some interest while keeping the card simple.
- The final touch…a little bow made with our Solid Crushed Curry Twine and added with a mini glue dot.
- Punch your sentiment with the Pretty Label Punch and then punch another layer in your mat color
- Cut your mat layer in half
- Adhere it to the back of the sentiment with a little peeking out on the top and bottom.
- The back will look like the bottom pic with a space between the two halves.
The World Card Making Day 15% off sale – October 1 – 10! Click here to shop.
New alcohol markers (Blends) coming soon! Want them now? Small window of opportunity to own your own set right now! Learn more.
- Crushed Curry Card Base – 5-1/2 X 8-1/2 folded in half
- Cajun Craze 4 X 5-1/4
- Painted Autumn paper 3-3/4 X 5
- Scraps of Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla
I’m finally getting around to posting today about my time at Onstage Atlanta last weekend. I had a number of Happy Heart Stampers with me at this event and it made the event twice as much fun! In addition to Onstage I was involved in a training session on Thursday night with Integrant Services, CenterStage on Friday and an after party Saturday evening. Oh and let’s not forget the swaps!
This is the sweet and simple card I created for an organized swap at Atlanta Onstage. This swap was all about using products in the Annual Catalog. And on top of that I needed to use the Dapper Denim Flourish leaves I had left over from a mistake! I asked my 89 year old mother to cut the leaves for a swap in July. You can see the project here. She cut 60 before I realized I gave her the wrong color!!! So…I promised her I would use the leaves somewhere in future projects. After this swap I only have a few left. 🙂
I used the Petal Burst Embossing Folder and the splatter from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and combined Soft Sky and Dapper Denim. Using the Precision Plate and the Die Brush make cutting these leaves a snap…just ask my mom!
These are some of my Happy Heart Stampers. Always ready for a good time!
My team gifts for the girls that attended
They each received a covered notebook and matching pen, a bag tag, a candy treat container and post it notes to mark what they wanted in the new catalog.
Gigi Gubernath and I attended CenterStage on Friday evening. This event was for Silver Elite and above.
We had a special dinner and training.
And we received an awesome bag this year!
Saturday OnStage! The excitement of everyone together.
I’m excited…just received the new Occasions Catalog! If you don’t have a demonstrator and would like a copy please click here to request your very own copy.
Prize Patrol! Everyone went home with a prize this event…YAY!!
Here I am walking the stage for earning the Incentive Trip to Thailand! How exciting to have earned it with good friends (Sherri Brown and Monika Davis). A trip of a lifetime and I”m so excited! I want to thank all my wonderful and supportive customers and team members. With out you this would not have been possible.
Would you like to earn the next incentive trip or receive you proudest at a discount? This is the perfect time to take advantage of the ultimate bundle…the Stampin’ Up Starter Kit. Click here for more information or contact me and let’s chat.
Products Used In Today’s Project:
Before sharing my project today I wanted to share how excited I am about my makeover! Not me…but my blog! I’ve been wanting to update it and make some changes and it’s just about ready. In fact, check back tomorrow and let me know what you think. It’s going to be more me I think…clean and simple and yet…I love it!
Today’s project is a simple but beautiful card created with the Paisleys & Posies Bundle. I love the combination of the Rich Razzleberry and Delightful Dijon.
- The Paisley & Posies Bundle includes the stamp set and the Paisley Framelits. It’s great that you can save 10% when you bundle.
- What a pretty but simple statement the Pretty Paisleys Textured Impressions Embossing Folder makes.
- Especially when you team it up with the Layering Ovals Framelits. The set includes both plain and scalloped ovals.
- No fussy cutting the pretty little flower and it’s just one of the 19 dies you receive in the bundle.
- And then have fun coloring in your flower exactly the way you like it!
Products Used In Today’s Project: