Don’t you just smile from ear to ear when you finish making a card and think…Yes! I love it! And when that happens can you part with the card? Be honest! I know it’s not easy but because I’m trying to send more cards this year I’m going to send this card out to some lucky person that comments on my post today. I’m thinking maybe I should start doing that every day. What do you think…does that sound like a fun idea?
This was actually my first play with two amazing products in the Sale-A-Bration catalog and I created it for a tutorial co-op I belong to. You can get the Amazing You stamp set Free with a $50 purchase and the and the coordinating Celebrate You Thinlits Dies Free with a $100 purchase. They work great together or choose your favorite. Just remember if you want them both, when your order hits $150 you also get Stampin’ Rewards! Now that’s a lot of free stuff!!
To see all the FREE Sale-A-Bration items you can choose from, including the newest ones that were just released yesterday click here. But if you need copies of our catalogs on hand to fuel your creativity click here and I’ll make sure to drop them in the mail to you.
- Stamping your own background paper is easy, fun and keeps you from having to search for the perfect coordinating paper. Here I stamped the flower image randomly on the whisper white layer with Smokey Slate ink.
- Black and white always looks great with a pop of color and here I used Bermuda Bay…my favorite color. The Stampin’ Blends give you such vibrant color. I like to always start light and add layers of color until I like what I see.
- It’s easy to give your flowers dimension. Stamp and color two flowers, cut the center from one and pop it up with dimensionals on the stamped flower. More dimension is added on the card by popping up the die cut ‘you’.
- And I almost forgot…check out the shimmer ribbon. It’s one of three ribbons in a pack you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration!
Click HERE to download a FREE tutorial of today’s card.
To receive 30 or more tutorials each month simply subscribe to my newsletter today! Members of my newsletter and members of my team receive amazing tutorials created by members of a tutorial co-op I belong to. It’s a great partnership of demonstrators all over the globe and I know you will love the variety of projects they create.
If you would like more information about joining my Happy Heart Stampers Team click here or send me an email so we can arrange a time to chat. Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to purchase a Starter Kit because it’s a great deal!
Remember to comment on my blog post today…maybe you will be the lucky one to receive this card!
Have a Happy Day!
If you are local to the Jasper Georgia area make sure you sign up for my February and March classes.
- Quick and Cute Card Class – February 22 at both 10:00 and and 6:30 pm. RSVP by February 20.
- Perennial Birthday Project Kit Class – February 27 at 6:30pm. PREPAY by Feb 27.
Click Here to register
Bring a Friend (new to me) to class and
earn a FREE ink pad during my Add a Pad Promotion
Have you tried the Stampin’ Up! Embossing Paste yet from Stampin’ Up!
I’m now thinking what took me so long to open that jar of fun! You can use the white paste right out of the jar or mix in a drop or two of re-inker and make it any color you like. I used Lemon Lime Twist on my first card and love it!
- Make sure you also order the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and the Palette Knives. There are four fun masks to use with the embossing paste. But guess what…you can also use them with sponge daubers and spritzers. Think of all the possibilities.
- When mixing the ink with the paste I find the Silicone Craft Sheet to be the perfect tool. The non stick surface makes for easy mixing and easy clean up.
- Now for applying the paste. Easy as can be. Place your mask on the card stock and apply the paste like frosting on a cake. Then take the long palette knife and scrap off the excess. Gently take the mask off and let dry while you create another element on the card.
- I teamed the paste up with the Cool Treats Stamp Set and Dies. Even though the kids are in school, it’s still summer here in Georgia and a perfect time for ice cream. But wait, are you an ice cream lover like I am…I can eat ice cream all year long, even in the dead of winter!
- The ovals make the perfect backdrop for my ice cream cone and I love the way the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Ovals coordinate. I own all the shapes – circles, ovals and squares. One of the reasons I’m a demonstrator…the discount!
$1,000 Hostess Party!
Learn how you can earn $20 in hostess rewards without actually hosting a party in your home!
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Clearance Rack is stocked with lots of new products – up to 60% off. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Paper Pumpkin Promo – first time subscribers. 50% off when you use the code HAFLOFF0917
August early release bundle –Carols of Christmas
Today”s Project Supply List. Click Products To Shop On Line.
Is this not the cutest stamped Koala bear! In fact I think I could use the words Stinkin’ Cute! And he was so easy to color with Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol markers…Blendabilities.
Do you own them yet? If not then it’s your lucky day! They’re one of 3 awesome Cyber Monday Door Busters. You can get the entire set of available colors for 30% OFF! (does not include the Skin Tone Assortment or Color Lifter)
I have several girl friends that need a card that will make them smile and I think this little guy and these awesome colors should do the trick!
- The card base is Strawberry Slush and it’s 4-1/4 x 11 so the twine will go around the base of the card.
- He’s stamped with Black Memento Ink which is the best ink for alcohol markers and then colored with the Blendabilities.
- The Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper is where I got my color inspiration. That’s one of my favorite ways to begin a card. It makes choosing colors so easy!
- The layers are cut as follows: Whisper White (2-1/2 x 4), Designer Series Paper (1-3/4 x4-1/4 and 3/4 x 4-1/4).
The 3 Door Buster Bundles Are While Supplies Last!
That’s because Stampin’ Up! put together a limited supply of bundles for this special.
The other two bundles are great for those that want to record memories quick and easy or want some great options for gift giving.
Click Here for the PDF of everything that’s on sale, how you can receive a gift certificate in the amount of your shipping, and why the STARTER KIT IS THE BEST DEAL!
ONE MORE THING
There’s a Giveaway on my Facebook Page that you don’t want to miss! (USA Only)
To be eligible you need to:
- Like My Facebook Page
- Share the exact Post of the Giveaway
- Comment that you have done so
Thanks for stopping by,
It’s so good to be home! Over two weeks ago I left for convention…and let me tell you I had a great time. Met some new friends, hung out with old friends, some of which I only get to see once a year, swapped, went to classes, and learned so much while having fun. I came home on Sunday washed clothes on Monday and headed to Notre Dame to visit my son for a week. While I was there I worked! I helped to pack up his girl friend’s apartment since she will be moving for a new job, and of course helped him clean his apartment. The drive home was the longest ever and it was so good to be in my own bed after two weeks!
Now you know why I’ve been missing in action and haven’t shared any convention pics or projects. So I thought I would start today.
This is one of my convention swaps. What do you think of this crazy cake? When I stamped it on the white paper I thought whimsical and knew that I wanted to color it in bright colors with our new alcohol markers…Blendibilities.
- The cake is from the Hostess Stamp Set – Life’s Adventure. You can earn this stamp by hosting a qualifiying party or placing a $150 order.
- Blendabilities are so nice to color with even if you don’t know all the ins and outs of blending. Know that if you do want to blend with them that it will probably take a little practice. I like to color from light to dark. Lay a base color of the lightest marker, add some of the medium and just a little of the dark for shading. Then take your lightest color again and go over the image. What I love most about the Blendabilities is that you don’t have any streaks.
- The Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder may now be my favorite folder.
- I often like to add a tag to a card and the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch makes it simple and quick to make a tag for any project.
- The flower adds that little extra bit of whimsy. It was stamped with Rich Razzleberry on Crushed Curry card stock and punched with the coordinating punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
Have you checked out this week’s Weekly Deals? My favorite is the Gift bow Bigz Die. If you don’t have it get it now while it’s on sale (ends Monday – Aug 4) I’m sure you’ll love using it during the holidays and beyond.
Wanting a Big Shot?
August is the perfect time to make this great investment. Receive an exclusive Framelits and Stamp Set Bundle for FREE!
You say you already own a Big Shot…what about me? You can order the same bundles at 15% off. Click Here
to order your Big Shot and decide what bundle you want shipped with it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Today let’s use the Hexagon Hive Thinlit Die in a new way. Have you thought about using it to cut a stencil? And then using a Stampin’ Spritzer with some re-inkers to spray the card? In my travels on Pinterest I remember seeing this card or one very similar. At the time I didn’t pin it because I had decided not to buy this die…Yeah right! 🙂 But once I bought the die I decided I would try to create a card for my team swap based on what I remembered about the card.
Tips to spritz background:
- Take a Stampin’ Spritzer and almost fill it to the top with Isopropyl Alcohol…found at any drug store or grocery store.
- Why alcohol instead of water? Because it drys very quickly and doesn’t make a mess of your card stock.
- Then add ink from a re-inker to the alcohol. I put about 10 drops of Coastal Cabana re-inker to get the color on this card. You can use less or more depending on how dark or light you want it to be.
- If you are new to stamping and aren’t sure what I mean by a re-inker…it’s the small bottle of ink we sell to reapply ink to the ink pads.
- Once you have the spritzer ready…die cut a piece of card stock for the stencil (using wax paper between the card stock and your die). Now place that over a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Lightly spritz the card until you like the color. Then remove the stencil and spritz again very lightly. Voila…a beautiful background!
- Remember to protect the area from ink! I like to spray my projects in a box.
I decided that we would do this technique in club this month and designed this card using the Gold Baker’s Twine, Tea lace Paper Doilies, and the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set. The girls could choose which card they wanted to stamp.
I still have one more club class this month. It’s this Friday, May 9 at 10:00. There are a few spots left if you are local and would like to join us. Contact me for details or if you have questions. If you have stamped with me in the past this would be a great time to re-join club. We will also be making a father’s day card and a cute box using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
If this is your first time visiting my blog or you haven’t visited in the past couple of day check out two additional cards made with the Hexagon Die. One made my team member Kim Smith and the other using part of the die cut as an overlay.
So…which card would you want to make if you were coming to club? Please leave a comment below. 🙂
Have a wonderful day!