Today’s card is a clean and simple card I created for some team recognition gifts. The card was sent to let them know that the packages were on the way. But what I found is that in most cases the packages arrived before the cards! I guess in the future I need to rethink my timing.
I used the Amazing You stamp set which is the same set I used in yesterday’s card. It’s a FREE Sale-A-Bration set that you can choose when you place a $50 order. Speaking of yesterday’s card. I will be sending that card to MaryAnn! Congrats MaryAnn! Please email me your address in the next 3 days and I’ll get the card in the mail to you. I have decided I want to send more cards this year and one way to do that is to send them out to my blog readers. So if you would like to receive today’s card in the mail please leave a comment.
- I love clean and simple cards. They are cards with a focus element and a lot of white (empty) space. So my focus on today’s card is the simply stamped white circle matted in Melon Mambo.
- For quick and easy stamping I added all three lines of the sentiment to one larger block and inked and stamped them all together.
- The ‘celebrate’ was stamped in the same color as the cardstock (Emerald Envy) which gives it a watermark look. By the way Emerald Envy is one of five of the In Colors that will be retiring this year. If you love those colors this would be a perfect time to stock up!
- The Crinkled Seam Binding gives a perfect finished touch to the card to make it special. And in all honesty I didn’t think I would like this ribbon but it’s absolutely gorgeous!
Today’s card reminded me that I want to give you a head’s up on some of my favorite colors – the 2016-2018 In Colors. This is the year that this set of colors will retire. Though we don’t know the date the retiring list will be announced, it is usually in April or May. These colors will sell out within days of the list being announced! So to avoid stress and be able to budget your purchases I recommend you think about stocking up on these products now. Remember ink refills, and the ribbon and embellishments that come in these colors. Click HERE to order this year’s retiring products.
If you have questions or would like to be in the random drawing for today’s card please comment on today’s post. Maybe tell me what your favorite 2016-2018 In Color is.
Other quick links you may be interested in:
October is National Breast Cancer awareness month and like others my family has been touched by breast cancer and other forms of cancer. I myself have battled non-hodgikins lymphoma and want to tell you first hand how important it is to reach out to those fighting this terrible battle. I cherished every card and phone call I received. Every visit and prayer that was said for and with me. I learned how important it was to be remembered by others during a difficult time.
I plan to share other pink project throughout the month in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and want to remind all my family, friends, customers and followers how important it is to remember to have your mammograms and exams. I just had mine yesterday and then spent the rest of the day shopping and with my sweet baby grandson…Lucas. Every day is a blessing!
- The stamp set Ribbon Of Courage has both a solid ribbon and this beautiful flower and heart design ribbon. You can keep it simple like I did here or have fun coloring.
- The sentiments are ones that can be used whenever you want to send a message of encouragement. I am partial to this one…’with faith all things are possible’. Faith that my God was in control no matter the outcome is what got me through each and every day of my treatment.
- The colors are Pink Pirouette with the floral design stamped in Melon Mambo. The sweet die cut heart and rhinestone add a special touch to a very simple card.
- You will notice this is a case from the annual catalog on page 97…just a very simple version.
- Measurements below.
Important for October:
- Shop with my Host Code – EJG2Y29C when shopping my Online Store this month and receive a free gift of black rhinestones from me (any size order).
- This is an awesome month to purchase the Starter Kit – Choose new Stampin’ Blends and 15% off stamps. Click here to learn more.
- It’s an awesome time to be a customer – 15% off stamps, designer series paper sale (buy 3 get 1 free) and an opportunity to receive a free exclusive Christmas stamp set for hosting a qualified party or private card class. Click here to learn more.
Pink Pirouette Card base – 4-1/4 X 11 scored and filled in half
Layer – 2-1/2 X 4
Scrap for the ribbon
Whisper White layer – 2-1/4 X 3-3/4
- Stamp the sentiment on the right side of the whisper white layer in smokey slate ink and adhere to the pink pirouette layer with snail.
- Add this to the card base with dimensionals.
- Stamp the ribbon in Melon Mambo and die cut along with the pink heart.
- Add the heart to the ribbon with a mini glue dot and then add the ribbon to the card with dimensionals.
The past two mornings in north Georgia have actually felt a bit like Fall! I was ready to pull out my fall and winter clothes until I looked at the weather app…looks like I have to hold off for at least another week. But today I’m going to enjoy the cooler temps and share a fall card!
- Pretty paper makes me smile and when it’s on sale I smile even more! Stock up on your favorite during our October Pretty Paper Promotion, Buy 3 packs from a selected group of papers and get 1 pack for FREE! You can double up on the papers you like or get one of each. This sale is NOT limited to just 3 so have fun and go on a shopping spree!!
- The all over pattern of this pretty fall paper makes it so the rest of the card can be kept simple. Just add a sentiment if you like or dress the sentiment up a bit like I did here.
- Stampin’ Up!’s color coordination is what made me a fan early on. It’s just so easy to pull colors from the printed paper knowing the card stock will match perfectly.
- The fall patterns and colors make this paper perfect for fall projects but when you flip many of the patterns over you will see colors and patterns you can use all year long. So now you have two things to love about our paper…the coordination and the versatility!
- The Pretty Label Punch from the Annual Catalog has a sweet shape. I like it the most when it looks like it’s matted with a second layer. It’s a trick I teach in my classes and I love to see the newbies smile when they realize how easy it is to do.
- The fall sprigs are from the Pick a Pumpkin Bundle and add some interest while keeping the card simple.
- The final touch…a little bow made with our Solid Crushed Curry Twine and added with a mini glue dot.
- Punch your sentiment with the Pretty Label Punch and then punch another layer in your mat color
- Cut your mat layer in half
- Adhere it to the back of the sentiment with a little peeking out on the top and bottom.
- The back will look like the bottom pic with a space between the two halves.
The World Card Making Day 15% off sale – October 1 – 10! Click here to shop.
New alcohol markers (Blends) coming soon! Want them now? Small window of opportunity to own your own set right now! Learn more.
- Crushed Curry Card Base – 5-1/2 X 8-1/2 folded in half
- Cajun Craze 4 X 5-1/4
- Painted Autumn paper 3-3/4 X 5
- Scraps of Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla
I’m back today with a sweet card made with new Cat Punch. I love that you can purchase the punch alone or bundle it with the Spooky Cat stamp set and save 10%. If you are a lover of Halloween then I’m sure you will want the bundle. But if halloween is not your thing you still may find lots of ways to use this cute punch. Today I punched her in pink and think she’s the sweetest cat ever.
I created my card as part of my team’s Fun Friday Challenge. I challenged them to case (copy and share everything) the cute reindeer card on page 47 of the 2017 Holiday Catalog.
- I just love her in Powder Pink! I paired her with the Whole Lot of Lovely designer series paper and some Sahara Sand card stock.
- The Layering Circle Framelit Dies allow you to cut plain and scalloped circles in a wide range of sizes.
- The sentiment is from the Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set. I have two favorites from that set…Tickled Pink for You and the one I used today…I love you kind of a lot.
- Maybe you would like to case today’s card? I would love for you to share it on my Facebook page if you do.
Yesterday and today I’m having a little fun with a blog give-a-way. Just let me know if you are a cat lover or do you prefer dogs? Give me a meow or bark in the comments today for a chance to win. I’ll be sending one lucky winner a few samples of come current products. Comment on yesterday’s card also and receive two chances to win.
Project directions below.
$1,000 Hostess Party!
Learn how you can earn $20 in hostess rewards without actually hosting a party in your home!
If you can’t be part of the $1,000 Party please consider placing a $50 order with me this month. After crunching the numbers for the next incentive trip to Alaska I found that I need another 33 orders of $50 each by the end of this month (September) to earn the trip. Each person placing an Alaskan Incentive Trip order will receive a handmade gift and thank you card to show my appreciation. Please make sure you use the hostess code QPGANYKA when checking out and do not click the box to not contact you or I won’t know who you are to send your gift.
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Clearance Rack is stocked with lots of new products – up to 60% off. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Paper Pumpkin Promo – first time subscribers. 50% off when you use the code HAFLOFF0917
August early release bundle –Carols of Christmas
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Today’s project Directions:
- Shara Sand card base – 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 scored and folded at 4-1/4
- Shara Sand larger scraps for scalloped circle and punched cat
- Whole Lot of Love Designer Series Paper 3-3/4 x 5
- Larger scraps of white for circle and sentiment (1 x 1-3/4)
- Powder Pink scrap to punch cat
- Fold the card base in half and burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the card base all the way to the right side with snail.
- Layer the circles with snail and adhere to the card with dimensionals.
- There the two cats per pic and attach to the circle with dimensionals.
- Stamp the image in Sahara Sand and attach to the card with dimensionals.
- Tie a small bow with the Linen Thread and add as a collar.
How much fun is this card? I love sunflowers…how about you? They have a special meaning for me as every time I see one it causes me to stop and remember a special little boy.
If you know me, you know that I love clean and simple cards. It’s my style for two reasons…one, I need for my card making to be quick! If I have to spend too much time it just isn’t fun for me. Are there many of you out there that feel the same? And two, luckily, I love the look!
I’ve been playing with the Eastern Palace Suite for a couple of weeks now and though I love the entire suite I am crazy in love with the dies! So I decided for stamp club this month they would get to make this fun clean and simple sunflower card.
- The Eastern Palace die used for the petals is perfect for making sunflowers. I use the Precision Plate and Die Brush for all my intricate dies now. The Precision Plate helps to make deeper cuts so that all the intricate parts of the die are cut through. Then the Die Brush with it’s mat make it so you don’t have to sit and poke all the little pieces out. These are must have tools if you are into intricate dies.
- There are a number of wonderful sentiments in the Eastern Palace Stamp Set but I am loving the two curved ones so much!
- Embossing folders are a great way to give your cards texture. Here, the center of the sunflower is a 2″ circle that’s been embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I’m sad to say that this folder was on the retiring list and has been sold out since I designed this card for my stamp club. But, with all the embossing folders both new and old I’m sure there’s a folder that would still look great.
- The little bee, if you are loving her, is one of the stamps in the Touches of Texture stamp set. You do have to fussy cut her out but it’ s really easy to do if you have a pair of Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Snips. They are so sharp and easy to use.
The Eastern Palace Suite is in the new annual catalog that will go live on June 1
but, you can get it now as an early release.
For details on each of the bundles, what Free Gifts
you get with each, and how to order click Here.
Hope you have a smile filled day today! And while you are surfing on social media please visit me on Facebook.Pinterest and Instagram. Links are at the very top of the side bar. Plus, join my mailing list for free tutorials and updates.
Products used in today’s project:
Cookie Cutter Christmas
I love when I can buy a Christmas stamp set and use some of the stamps all year long. This special delivery baby card was created using the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and punch bundle.
- The cute paper with the bows…not baby paper. It’s one of the designs in the Presents & Pinecones Christmas paper. And…it’s part of the Designer Series Paper Promotion. Buy three packs and get one free. Ends October 31.
- The Mint Macaron stamped bear is adorable and so easy to stamp.You can see through the photopolymer stamp set for perfect placement. Hint: When you stamp the ears…stand up! It gives you the perfect angle to stamp them close to his head.
- Banners are a snap when you use the Triple Banner Punch.
- Add a little Rhinestone to the bow and you’re ready to say welcome to the new baby.
- By the way did I tell you I’m finally going to be a Nana…in February!
Pin for later! Hover and pin your favorites to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email you will need to be on my blog to pin. Just click on the title of the post to be taken to my blog. And don’t forget to leave a comment or ask any questions you may have.
With A Happy Heart
- Cut a 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 card base in Emerald Envy. Score and fold in half.
- Cut Whisper White layers – 4×5-1/4 and 2 x 2-3/4
- Cut an Emerald Envy layer 2-1/4 x 3
- Cut your banner 1 x 4-1/2 and punch the bow tie with the Cookie Cutter Punch.
- Cut the Designer Series (DSP) Paper 3 x 3-3/4 making sure the bows are running the correct way.
- Stamp the sentiment in Archival Black on the Whisper White layer and then adhere to the card base.
- Adhere the DSP to the Whisper White layer.
- Stamp the Bear in Mint Macaron and Archival Black Adhere to the Emerald Envy layer.
- Banner the end of the Real Red piece with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Adhere the stamped image to the emerald Envy layer and then adhere the banner to the back of this piece.
- Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back and adhere to the card.
- Add the bow tie with a Glue Dot and then finish off with a Rhinestone.