What a cool, beautiful morning in the North Georgia Mountains! I was enjoying the morning out on the porch and got to thinking if it’s this beautiful here what a great morning it would be at the beach. So when I headed to my stamp room to make a get will card for a guy friend I naturally thought of the Wetlands stamp set. Those little shorebirds always make me yearn for the beach.
Details and Tips:
- Designer Series Paper can make all the difference in your cards. Using the Soft Sky dotted paper from the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper made this card not just another ordinary get well card.
- Using the Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon added texture, color and the look of a banner. I cut all my ribbon with Stampin’ Up!’s Craft Scissors for a perfect cut. I call them my ribbon scissors!
- The “little blink” on this card is the 3 Bermuda Bay Candy Dots. A deeper color then the Soft Sky keeps them from blending in.
- The color blocking was done with painter’s tape. You can use thick or thin tape depending on the effect you want.
- Next place the tape on your paper. Press and rub the tape so the ink transfers from the tape to the paper. Again remember to stay away from the edges of the tape.
- Place the painter’s tape across an open ink pad and then gently press it into the ink . Only in the center of the tape so you avoid getting lines from the edge of the tape.
- Stamp your image on top of the color blocking. I like to use Black Stazon Ink.
The Wetlands Stamp Set is a nice set to have on hand when you need to make a masculine card.
A Few Quick Reminders:
- The Clearance Rack has been restocked. Lots of new items at great prices. Products will be available while supplies last.
- Don’t forget to order your Envelope Punch (makes 66 different sizes of envelops and it’s easy!)
- The Magnetic Plates for the Big Shot are not restock and available.
Stamp Sets: Wetlands (Clear 126697, Wood 126695), Express Yourself (Available as a hostess set)
Ink: Soft Suede (126978), Crushed Curry (131173), Soft Sky (131181)
Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184), Card Stock – Soft Suede (115318), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), Craft Scissors (108360)
Accessories: Brights Candy Dots (130931), Stampin’ Dimensional (104430)
I was recently asked about ideas for a boys birthday card so I put on my thinking cap and rummaged through my stamp sets. First I thought Alphabet Press Embossing Folder…perfect! Now for a stamp set…how about all the cute animals in the Zoo Babies Stamp Set. And now all I need to do is keep it simple.
Details and Tips:
- Crumb Cake card base is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″.
- Pacific Point layer 5-1/2″ x 4″ embossed with the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder.
- Banner is 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ cut free hand. Snip up the center as deep as you want the flag end to be and then cut from the end to the middle on both sides. Mark the center with a pencil if that helps you get it centered.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig allowed me to place the sentiment and bird exactly where I wanted them.
- Add a little extra color (Calypso Coral) to the bird, some Linen Thread and a Button. I do put buttons on masculine cards…even for the big boys. How about you?
Yesterday was the start of my September Stamp Club. If you are in my local Georgia area (Jasper, Canton Ellijay, Cumming) and would like to learn to stamp consider this your invitation to give it a try. I have two additional September club meetings this week – Tuesday night at 6:30 and Friday morning at 10:00. Come as my guest and feel free to invite a friend. Call or text me for more information.
Promotions and New Products you might be interested in:
For those of you that might want an update on Shelli and how she is recovering visit www.soshelli.com.If you would like to send her a card please send it to Stampin’s Up!’s Riverton office. They will be making sure she receives them all.
ATTN: Get Well Shelli
12907 South 3600 West
Riverton, UT 84065
Hope you’re Monday is a good one!
Are you ready for tomorrow? Do you have a crazy long wish list like mine? Well just remember that tomorrow is the day that you can purchase from all three catalogs at the same time! That’s right…the New Annual Catalog begins, it’s the last day for the Spring Catalog and you can still order from the Retiring Lists. WOW!
Here’s some previously posted projects using some of my favorite products from the Spring Catalog. Maybe some last minute shopping?
Oh, Hello Stamp Set (Clear 130733, Wood 130730)
Artisan Embellishment Kit (129328), More Amore Designer Series Paper (129309)
Hearts A Flutter Bundle (Clear 131097, Wood 131098), More Amore Designer Series Paper (129309)
Oh, Hello Bundle (Clear 131101, Wood 131102), Tea for Two Designer Paper (129311)
Rain or Shine Stamp Set (Clear 126777, Wood 126775)
Tea for Two Designer Series Paper (129311), Paper Dollies (129399),
Spring Sampler Stamp Set (Clear 125512, Wood 125510)
Collage Curios Stamp Set ( Clear 129102, Wood 129099), Soda Pop Tops (129388)
Beyond Plaid Stamp Set (Clear 129204, Wood 129201), Hearts a Flutter Framelits (130159)
Honeycomb Embossing Folder (129378), Basic Gray 1-1/4″ Two Toned Ribbon (129295)
Pinwheel Sizzlits Die (129411), Cloudy Day Embossing Folder (127022), Ovals Framelits (129381)
Recap of Catalog Transition Dates
- 2013-2014 AnnualCatalog Begins – May 31
- 2012-2013 Annual Catalog Retiring Ends – June 3
- 2013 Spring Catalog Ends – May 31
Three Ways to get a Free 2013 – 2014 Catalog from Me
- Simply Place an Order with Me – Your catalog will not ship with your order but will arrive in approximately 1 week.
- Join My Local Club – Being part of club you learn new techniques, get to try out products, and have a lot of fun. Plus you receive a Free Catalog.
- You’re a Stamp and Embellish Loyalty Customer – If you’ve been earning points with me you should have already received your Free Catalog by now! To learn more about the perks of being a Stamp and Embellish Loyalty Customer click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by. Please share my with your friends.
Busy, busy,busy! If that describes you then I have the prefect Father’s Day Card for you today. It’s Clean and Simple and can be put together in minutes.
- The colors are Basic Gray and Real Red which are perfect for a masculine card.
- The Houndstooth pattern from the Beyond Plaid Stamp Set is stamped on Whisper White Card Stock and then cut out with the Hearts a Flutter Framelit Die. Use the size that fits in the square. (The Heart Punch would work
- Stamp Happy Father’s Day sentiment from the Delightful Dozen Stamp Set on the left side of the Whisper White layer. Layer the three card layers as seen in the picture.
- Pop the heart up using a dimensional and add a rhinestone for “a little bling” If you can’t bring yourself to put a rhinestones on a masculine card just leave it off. 🙂
Use a different pattern from the Beyond Plaid Set, a girly color and sentiment and you have a feminine card…in minutes.
Don’t let busy be the reason not to make handmade cards for special friends and family members. Clean and Simple is a way to make cute cards in minutes.
The Starter Kit Special Ends in Two Days! So if you want it ALL…great products, discounts, fun, and friends make sure you don’t let the deadline pass you by. Order the $99 Kit and receive $156 in products. You get to choose what products make up your kit. That’s right completely cutomizable! Click Here for details and link to sign up. Questions or suggestions for putting your kit together please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out this week’s newest My Digital Downloads.
These are my two favorites.
This Makes Me Happy Pocket Cards
Enjoy Your Day!
Stamp Sets: Beyond Plaid (Clear 129204, Wood 129201), Delightful Dozen (Clear 122652, Wood 128547)
Ink: Real Red (126949), Basic Gray (126981)
Paper: Basic Gray (121044), Whisper White (100730), Real Red (102482)
Tools and Accessories: Hearts Collection Framelits (125599), Big Shot (113439), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Don’t Let This Be You!
Only today and tomorrow left to Earn Free Products from the Sale-a-bration Catalog.
A Free Gift for Every $50 You Purchase
Double Reward Points
for both today and tomorrow
March 21 and 22
Click Here for more information on the Stamp and Embellish Rewards Card
Happy Birthday fun using products from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog. There are 4 products on this card that you can receive free during these last two days. Can you spot all 4?
- First is the Patterned Occasions Stamp Set. It’s one of my favorites. This cupcake is just one of five cute images in the set.
- The Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper is colorful and versatile. This design looks like confetti which is perfect for a Birthday celebration.
- Cute bright buttons in Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzelberry. Packaged together with…
- Three spools of ribbon in these same great colors plus Pool Party. A color I can’t get enough of.
Stamp Set: Patterned Occasions (Clear-129624, Wood-129621) Free with $50 purchase
Ink: Island Indigo (126986) Markers: Summer Starfruit (set 126856), Tangerine Tango (set 119702), Early Espresso (119680)
Paper: Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (127540) Free with $50 purchase Card Stock: Island Indigo (122923), Crumb Cake (120953). Summer Starfruit (126839), Tangerine Tango (111349), Pool Party (122924)
Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (129381), Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), Owl Builder Punch (118074)
Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Sycamore Street Ribbon and Buttons (132812) Free with $50 Purchase
Shop My Online Store 24/7
My customer service goes beyond your order.
My Stamp and Embellish Team got together this past Sunday for a business meeting and to stamp. We did make and takes, swapped cards, discussed business ideas, snacked, and just had a lot of fun. I love getting together with these wonderful gals! Since you weren’t able to attend this meeting I thought I would share our make and takes and swaps over the next couple of days.
Today’s card is one of the make and takes I designed for the meeting. What do you think of the Feeling Sentimental Stamp Set in the Sale-a-bration Catalog? I just love it’s vintage look. And…the fact that I can easily use it for a gal or guy is a plus. But the biggest plus…it was FREE!
- The color combo is Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party with the natural being Very Vanilla.
- To get that vintage look distress the edges with the new Stampin’ Distress Tool in the Spring Catalog. You can also use the edge of your Paper Snips but remember to be careful if you are using Stampin’ Up! snips because they’re really sharp. Which is a good thing. 🙂
- Vintage also calls for sponging all the edges. It’s a little time consuming but well worth the effort.
- The button and ribbon are also a Freebie in the Sale-a-bration Catalog. To tone down the ribbon and give it that vintage look I just sponged it lightly along with everything else. If this was for a guy I would just remove the ribbon and use Linen Thread. You could remove the button completely but I personally think buttons are ok for guys.
ARE YOU WONDERING HOW YOU CAN EARN YOUR FREEBIES!
Sale-A-Bration + Stampin’ Up!’s 25th anniversary = the best time to host a Stampin’ Up! party!
- Get FREE Silver Glimmer Paper when you host a $150 workshop!*
- Get a FREE hostess bundle when you host a $400 workshop!*
Hostess Bundle Details:
The Hostess Bundle includes
- Madison Avenue stamp set (wood- or clear-mount)
- Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper
- Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack
Love to shop? How about shopping and getting rewarded? Welcome to Sale-A-Bration!
Choose any one product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure for every $50* you spend. This year’s offering includes exclusive stamp sets and accessories, as well as a selection of catalog stamp sets, digital content CDs, ribbon, buttons, and even an embossing folder! Now, more than ever, there’s something for everyone!
View the Sale-A-Bration brochure here. See available My Digital Studio products here.
*Excluding tax and shipping
Sale-A-Bration + Stampin’ Up!’s 25th anniversary = 25% more Starter Kit products for FREE!
That means you purchase the Starter Kit for $99 and you get to choose $156.50 in Stampin’ Up! products! The kit is completely customizable…you choose what ever products you would like. If you’ve been wanting a Big Shot this is a perfect time!
I would love for you to join my team. I support both business and hobby demonstrators – local or long distance. If you have questions please contact me for answers by email, text, or phone (770-596-3723).
Have a great Day!