Welcome to my blog and the OSAT June Blog Hop. This month we will be featuring masculine cards in honor of Father’s Day! So if you need a last minute card or gift idea for the dad in your life I hope you’ll find all the inspiration you need here at the hop. And if you don’t need a guy card now tuck these ideas away for when you do.
You may be starting the blog hop with me today or maybe you came from The Crafty Bandit, Martie Pollard’s blog. Either way make sure you visit everyone, have fun, and leave some comments. There’s a blog lineup at the bottom of the page just in case you get off track.
- I had lots of fun working on my card for today. It’s a shaker card! Yes even the guys in your life will think this is a lot of FUN!
- Masculine colors…Basic Black and Basic Gray with Island Indigo as the added pop of color.
- The frame was cut with the largest of the Deco Labels Collection Framelits. And the circle used was the 6th one from the center of the Circles Framelits.
- The Chevron Embossing Folder gave just the right amount of texture without taking away from the shaker frame.
- White Fun Foam was used to make the shaker. It’s cut to support the entire front of the card making it a sturdy card.
- The fun part was deciding what to put in the shaker. First tools stamped and cut using the Guys Greetings stamp set. Then some tiny beads found in my jewelry making stash and just a few retired gold star sequins that appear when you shake the card.
Now on to my second project. My husband loves Tootsie Rolls and I thought a bottle filled with his favorite candy would be a fun Father’s Day treat! I’ll just slip it to one of the boys to give to him. 🙂
- The bottle was missing it’s lid so the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch cut a perfect sized lid.
- Early Espresso and Cajan Craze are nice masculine colors that work well with the candy wrappers.
- The tag was created with several Stampin’ Up! punches…the Ornate Tag Topper Punch , the Note Tag Punch. and the Project Life Corner Punch.
- To use the Ornate Tag Topper as a mat for the Note Tag Punch cut the Cajan Craze card stock 1-3/4″ wide instead of 2″.
- The shoes…again from the Guy Greetings stamp set.
A supply list for both projects can be found at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for stopping by…leave a comment and make me smile. 🙂
Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher
Supply List for the shaker card:
Supply List for the Father’s Day Tag:
Do you have the Four Feathers Stamp Set Yet! Mine showed up this weekend and I couldn’t wait to get it inked up! I decided to pair it up with today’s MOJO Monday Challenge. It’s a Skinny Card!
- I’m loving the bold rich colors of this year’s Stampin’ Up! In Colors. And the black is a perfect accent color.
- Didn’t want this card to be too fussy looking so instead of ribbon I used the Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine.
- The feathers are stamped on three 1-3/8″ squares matted with 1-5/8″ black squares.
- The Hello Honey layer is 1-7/8″ x 5-1/4″ and this is all placed on a 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Blackberry card base.
- I love the tall and skinny look for a change of pace but the nice thing is…it’s fits in a regular A2 envelope.
Don’t miss out on this chance to receive FREE Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper! And while you’re playing with all the new paper you will be enjoying all the discounts and benefits that come with the Starter Kit! If you are in my local area you can join us for fun and informative meetings where we stamp and enjoy being together. If you’re long distant you can still be a part of our Facebook group.
When you purchase the $99 Starter Kit you not only get to choose $125 of products but you will also have the opportunity to receive up to 6 packs of Designer Series Paper…FREE! That’s $65 in FREE beautiful packs of patterned paper. This off ends October 31! Hobby stampers are always welcomed! To join now click here or contact me for additional information or to have your questions answered.
Would love for you to join me on Facebook!
Enjoy your day!
The Bravo! Stamp Set is a great set for saying Bravo, good job, way to go…you did it! It’s one of the new large sentiments in this year’s Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
I used this week’s Mojo Monday Sketch to create today’s card. It’s always a great place to get started. Every week there’s a new sketch that I promise will get your mojo going.
- Large sentiments are trendy right now and the new Stampin’ Up! catalog has lots of great choices! The Bravo! stamp set is all about saying congrats…in so many way. Plus the sentiments are larger then life!
- I used two of the new In Colors – Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss. Both coordinate with the fun new Moonlight Paper Stack. I’m crazy for the stripes and polka dots!
- The Circle and Starburst Framelits work great together. Add a few stars with the cute little cluster of stars in the Project Life Point & Click Stamp Set. Stamping off (inking your stamp, stamping on scrap paper, and then stamping on your project) lightens the color making a nice background for the greeting.
- Add a few black Candy Dots as a finishing touch.
New Photopolymer Stamp Set – Calling All Heroes!
Stamp Out Evildoers Everywhere!
New Weekly Deals – June 10 through June 16
Click on the picture below to view details and to order
Thank you for stopping by. Did you sign up for my Newsletter?
Project Supply List – For additional details and easy online shopping Click images below
It’s always fun to get together with my Stamp and Embellish Team. In addition to all the fun we have there is always lots of sharing of ideas. We share through Make and Takes and Swaps. Swapping is fun regardless if you joined Stampin’ Up to build a business or if you joined for the 20% discount you receive on all your products.
These are swaps from our February meeting so you may see a few Sale-a-bration items on the cards. Hopefully they will be some of the items you received free when you placed your orders during Sale-a-bration.
This first card screams spring! Leishman used some of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper (132994) which happens to be my favorite this spring.
Gigi’s card uses the spot light technique using the Peaceful Petals Stamp Set (Wood 133104, Clear 133107). It really looks great in person because she used Crystal Effects (101055) on the highlighted flowers which make them have dimension and shine.
Kim’s happy sunshine card just makes you want to smile. The rays of the sun were made with the Banner Punch that will be available in the new catalog even though it was introduced during Sale-a-bration. Happy Dance!
We’re always looking for ideas for a masculine card. Cicely combined the Hardwood Background Stamp with the banners making a perfect masculine birthday card.
Then there’s mine…white on white with a little crumb cake in the Natural 5/8″ Chevron Ribbon (132982). It’s one of my favorite ribbons now. Plus I’m also loving the Arrows Embossing Folder (132187).
If you have any question about joining my Stamp and Embellish Team please pick up the phone and give me a call. If you are local (Jasper, GA) our next meeting is this month – Sunday April 27th at 2:30 in the afternoon. I would love for you to come as my guest so you can ask your questions in person. For additional details click here. If you just know you want to sign up and begin receiving your Stampin’ Up! products at a discount click here.
Have a happy Wednesday and try to make some time to stamp this week.
See Ya Later Alligator. How many times do you remember saying that as a kid? Well today it’s a very appropriate sentiment for the end of Sale-a-bration! That’s right, my favorite Stampin’ Up! time of year is over at midnight tonight! And today’s card uses one of my favorite FREE items in the Sale-a-bration Brochure.
I used one of my two favorite sentiments in the See Ya Later Stamp Set on a fun gate card that’s both quick and easy to put together.
- The card base is a regular 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ size. The difference is in the way you score it. You want to score it along the the long side at 2-1/8″ from both ends. Then fold both ends into the middle.
- The Gumball Green layers are each 4″ x 2-1/8″. They’re embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder which is another free item you can earn for the very last time today. I love how the dots make me think “alligator”!
- The stamped heart is from the Banner Blast Stamp Set also a Sale-a-bration Set.
- The mat on the sentiment was cut with one of the Starburst Framelits Dies from a Silver Foil Sheet. It makes you think of sharp teeth…don’t you think?
- Glue your sentiment layer to only the left side of the card to complete your gate fold card.
Last Chance ! Lots of Stampin’ Up! Offers are Ending Today (3/31). Don’t Miss Out!
- SALE-A-BRATION – Earn FREE Sale-a-bration Items with every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax.) Make purchases from any of the current catalogs or from my online store and earn the free products staring on page 12 of the Sale-a-bration Brochure.
- BEST OF 25 YEARS STAMP SETS – Favorite stamp sets from the past with one new stamp in each set. Earn a FREE Stamp Set when you purchase multiple sets. Click Here to view the details and images of all the stamp sets.
- NEW PAPER PUMPKIN SUBSCRIBERS – Last Day to receive a FREE set of Markers when you order a My Paper Pumpkin Subscription. It’s a no risk subscription as you can suspend it while on vacation or cancel it at any time with out a penalty or fee. Please make sure you choose me as your demonstrator when you place the order.
- $99 STARTER KIT SPECIAL – Choose an extra $25 in products when you purchase the kit by the end of today! That’s $150 in products for $99 and be a part of my team. Click here for more details or to join.
Stamp Sets: See Ya Later (Wood 133533, Clear 133536), Banner Blast (Wood 133551, Clear 133554)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Real Red (126949),
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045), Gumball Green (126840), Silver Foil Sheets (132178)
Tools: Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (133520), Circles Collection Framelits (130911), Starburst Framelits Dies (132967), Big Shot (113439)
Items marked in red can only be earned as FREE Sale-a-bration items. Receive 1 Free product with every $50 you spend.
What a cool, beautiful morning in the North Georgia Mountains! I was enjoying the morning out on the porch and got to thinking if it’s this beautiful here what a great morning it would be at the beach. So when I headed to my stamp room to make a get will card for a guy friend I naturally thought of the Wetlands stamp set. Those little shorebirds always make me yearn for the beach.
Details and Tips:
- Designer Series Paper can make all the difference in your cards. Using the Soft Sky dotted paper from the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper made this card not just another ordinary get well card.
- Using the Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon added texture, color and the look of a banner. I cut all my ribbon with Stampin’ Up!’s Craft Scissors for a perfect cut. I call them my ribbon scissors!
- The “little blink” on this card is the 3 Bermuda Bay Candy Dots. A deeper color then the Soft Sky keeps them from blending in.
- The color blocking was done with painter’s tape. You can use thick or thin tape depending on the effect you want.
- Next place the tape on your paper. Press and rub the tape so the ink transfers from the tape to the paper. Again remember to stay away from the edges of the tape.
- Place the painter’s tape across an open ink pad and then gently press it into the ink . Only in the center of the tape so you avoid getting lines from the edge of the tape.
- Stamp your image on top of the color blocking. I like to use Black Stazon Ink.
The Wetlands Stamp Set is a nice set to have on hand when you need to make a masculine card.
A Few Quick Reminders:
- The Clearance Rack has been restocked. Lots of new items at great prices. Products will be available while supplies last.
- Don’t forget to order your Envelope Punch (makes 66 different sizes of envelops and it’s easy!)
- The Magnetic Plates for the Big Shot are not restock and available.
Stamp Sets: Wetlands (Clear 126697, Wood 126695), Express Yourself (Available as a hostess set)
Ink: Soft Suede (126978), Crushed Curry (131173), Soft Sky (131181)
Paper: Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (132184), Card Stock – Soft Suede (115318), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Stampin’ Trimmer (126889), Craft Scissors (108360)
Accessories: Brights Candy Dots (130931), Stampin’ Dimensional (104430)