There’s nothing like looking for that perfect Christmas tree to bring holiday cheer to your home. And I find the same thing is true when making cards. I fell in love with the Christmas tree in the Santa’s Sleigh Bundle the minute I saw it. Actually I fell in love with the entire set!
As demonstrators we receive a wonderful magazine in the mail every quarter called Stampin’ Success. There’s always lots of ideas and inspiration and I have team members that like to stay active just so they continue to receive it. I cased one of the cards in the last issue changing the colors from browns and beige to our fun Emerald Envy green. It was a perfect card for this month’s Quick and Cute Card Class.
- The Santa’s Sleigh Bundle has lots of choices for your cards using the sleigh, tree and reindeer. Use just one element like I did for my quick and cute card or add them all together for a wonderful 3D home decor piece.
- Purchasing Bundles saves you 10% but they can be purchased separately.
- The pretty copper, gold and silver foils make for a beautiful sleigh.
- The simple Line Thread and tiny stamped stars are the perfect embellishments for this fun and easy Christmas Card.
With A Happy Heart
- Cut an Emerald Envy card base 5-1/2 x 11 and fold in half.
- Cut a Crumb Cake layer 5-1/4 x 4.
- Cut a Whisper White layer 5 x 3-3/4.
- Stamp the Merry Christmas in Crumb Cake ink at the bottom of the Whisper White layer and adhere it to the Crumb Cake layer. I used the Merry Christmas from Star of Light stamp set but you can use the Merry Christmas Wishes that comes in the bundle
- Die cut two trees in Emerald Envy card stock and adhere to the Whisper White layer.
- Stamp the tree in Emerald Envy ink and die cut. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensional to pop it up.
- Stamp the stars in Crumb Cake ink. (I had my classes stamp this last so they didn’t cover stars with the trees.)
- Wrap Linen Thread around the layers and trees twice and die in a bow.
- Adhere the completed layer to the card base.
I’m giving away a little blog candy to some lucky winner this week. Click Here to view and leave your comment.
Today I’m sharing the swap card I designed for my team gathering. The theme in October was fall and I decided to take a look at the Paisley & Posies Suite in the Holiday catalog.
- Let’s start with the paper…Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper. I choose the rich Cajun Craze leaf printed paper in the pack. This is a gorgeous pack of paper with beautiful colors and patterns and a little copper foil.
- The sentiment is from the Paisleys & Posies Stamp Set. And the leaf was cut using the coordinating Paisley Framelits Dies. Save 10% when you purchase them as a product bundle.
- The intricate dies can be a challenge to glue in place without getting glue all over your card so I tried something new that worked really well. I placed Tear & Tape Adhesive in strips on the back of the foil before I cut with the die. After running through the Big Shot I used the Die Brush and then used the Paper-Piercing Tool to remove the backing from what tape was left on the back of the die cut. Now you have a die cut with sticky on the back that’s easy to adhere to your project.
- One of the larger pearls in the Pearl Basic Jewels pack is a perfect accent on the bottom of the leaf.
Remember to check out all the fun and beautiful paper included in our October Designer Series Paper Promotion. Designer paper can your cards from ordinary to WOW!
With A Happy Heart
Products used in today’s card:
Before I share today I want to welcome you if you are new to my blog and ask those that visit me on a regular basis what do you think? I love my blog makeover! There’s still a few things they’re working on but I know that means it’s just going to get better. What a great job Brian and Nicole from Integrant Services has done. They are creative and technical and have done an amazing job but what I’m most impressed with is how easy they were to work with. No waiting for days to hear back when I have questions. Very professional and timely. If you’re looking to start a blog or yours needs a makeover I would highly recommend them.
Now…on to today’s project.
It’s easy to share joyful wishes at Christmas with the Merriest Wishes Bundle. Here I’ve used the die with the Christmas tree cutout to look like an ornament on a tree. My local customers enjoyed making this card at my September Christmas Stamp a Stack. You save 10% when you purchase the Merriest Wishes stamp set and Merry Tags Framelits Dies as a bundle. Though they can be purchased separately, when used together you will find yourself creating beautiful cards that will warm the hearts of both family and friends.
- I love embossing folders…and this one is a wow! It’s the Pine Bough Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Backing the ornament with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper gives it lots of Christmas sparkle. Wish you could see it in person.
- Easily add sentiments to your cards with the Tags & Labels Framelits.
- When you need just a bit more shimmer add a little Wink of Stella. Here I used the clear just around the edge.
- Look…amazing shaker cards and fun ornaments!
Speaking of Bundles…Let’s talk about Stampin’ Up!’s Ultimate Bundle. it’s the $99 Starter Kit! Check out the discounts and benefits here. No obligations only benifits! Become a part of my fun Happy Heart Stampers group where we gather both locally and online. Friendships and sharing and fun!
With a Happy Heart
Are you a paper hoarder or do you love using pretty paper? I remember there was a time that I just hated that first cut. 🙂 But now I just love using it! Sometimes I use it in strips and other times I may use it as a full layer. And sometimes it’s fun to cut part of the pattern out and use that.
- Just a strip of the fun paper with the candy cane hearts on a base that’s embossed with the fun and playful Large Polk Dot Embossing Folder.
- Bundle and save with the Cookie Cutter Bundle. The bow tie and a little heart are part of the punch.
- All the layering framelits are wonderful. I love how you can mix and match the sizes and decide on plain or scalloped shapes. Here I used the Layering Circle Framelits to pop the ginger bread man off the page.
- Here I’ve used another pattern in the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper as a full layer.
- The fun ginger bread house is cut from yet another of the designs from this fun two sided pack of Christmas paper.
- Candy Cane Lane Baker’s Twine and the use of the Layering Circle Framelits complete the focal point of the card.
The Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper and other selected patterns are ON SALE during October! Click on the banner to see which ones you can purchase at a deal. Maybe it’s time to stock up?
And if you are wanting to take advantage of the specials and want to maximize your savings think about purchasing the Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit! $99 and you get to choose $125 of your favorite products! And you can continue to save 20% on future orders if you decide that’s right for you. Click HERE for details or feel free to contact me for more information.
ONLY TODAY AND TOMORROW LEFT FOR THE WORLD CARD MAKING DAY SPECIALS!
I’ve been playing with the Ronald MacDonald, My Hero Stamp Set this week. This year’s set is such a cute one! It has a cute stamp for almost all of the major holidays. And, the best part is…when you purchase this set you are donating to the Ronald MacDonald House Charities. That’s right – every time one of these sets is sold $3 is donated to this wonderful charity that helps keep families close when a child is receiving medical treatment far from home.
The cards I created this week are the make and takes for my Happy Heart Stampers Team Gathering this Sunday. I usually create 4 cards but this happens to be the 5th because I just couldn’t stop at 4. That’s what I usually say about chocolate. LOL I’ll share some of the others after our meeting.
- I love clean and simple projects! What does that mean? A stamped focal point with lots of white space. And when I say white space I really mean ’empty’ space. It can actually be any color.
- Real Red and Dapper Denim are a fun color combination don’t you think?
- Texture is trendy! The netting is from the Best Birds stamp set and the splatters are from Awesomely Artistic but you could use stamps from several different sets in the Stampin’ Up! Annul Catalog or maybe something you already have.
- Perfect hearts are cut with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits dies. The set contains what I call regular hearts and then ‘sassy’ hearts. And the sassy ones are my favorite!
- The New Big Shot Platform with the raised center works so well with all our dies. When you purchase a new Big Shot it will come with this platform but if you have the old one you might want to add this new one to your Big Shot ‘I want it’ list!
Need a copy of the Holiday Catalog and plan to place your order through me? Request your copy here. If you have purchased from in the past year you will be receiving your catalog by the end of the month. The catalog goes live September 1. Feel free to email me to check that your on the list.
Join me on my Stamp and Embellish with Diane Facebook Group. A place to share your creativity and ask questions.
With a Happy Heart
Products used in today’s project:
Do you love hugs? I know I do…especially big old bear hugs from the men in my life. That would be my husband and my two handsome grown sons. 🙂 Well you can have or send all the hugs you want with the new Bear Hug Bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. They can be boy or girl bears or grown up mom and dad bears…or an entire family of bears! All depends on how you want to dress them up. 🙂 And the greetings that come in the set are so cute! Can you tell I’m in love!
Speaking of bear families…I think that’s another reason I’m so partial to this set. Here in the North Georgia Mountains we have lots of bears. Yes…we have a mama bear that lives close and spends lots of time in our neighborhood. She walks around with her cubs like she owns the place. 🙂 One day I looked out the window and there she was with her four, yes four, cubs handing them each a bag of trash from the can out front.
And then of course there was the night my husband came home and walked into the garage while she was on her way out. I sure wish I could have seen his face. He said she actually bumped him as she ran out. I’m sure she was running because she was as scared as he was! So…I’m sure you get the picture as to why I just had to have this adorable bear set.
I love your comments and questions. Please leave them Here!
What’s Retiring On February 15th?
The last 3 items in the Sale-a-bration Catalog pictured below!
So don’t miss out!
Earn one item for every $50 you purchase
To view all Free Sale-a-bration Items Click Here
Whisper White Heavy Card Stock Base 4-1/4 x 11, folded in half
Top printed paper 4 x 3
Black card stock 4 x 2-1/4
Real Red Card stock 4 1-1/4
Hello Honey printed paper 4 x 1/2
Scraps of Tip Top Taupe, Hello Honey and Real Red
Adhere the white printed paper and the black card stock layer to the card base
Adhere the Real Red card stock just slightly covering the seam
Lastly, add the Hello Honey printed strip at the seam.
stamp the bear, heart, skirt and bow using Black Memento ink
Adhere the skirt and bow with glue dots and the heart with a dimensional
Add the finished bear to the card front with dimensionals