If you are looking for cute…look no further! Today I wanted to share two retiring stamp sets that just make me smile every time I ink them up. They are great to use for kids but all the adults in your life will love them too. Here I teamed this cute little hedgehog from the Hedgehugs Stamp Set with a little designer series paper and leaves that you can easily punch with our Leaf Punch. And with the colors (Tranquil Tide which is also retiring) I’m thinking maybe even a guy card.
This next adorable set that’s retiring is Postcard Pals. What do you think? Stinkin’ cute…right! Team member Tara Gibson gave these as roommate gifts at a Stampin’ Up! event. She decorated one of the Stampin’ Up! Pizza Boxes and then inside were six 3 x 3 note cards and envelopes all beautifully colored with Blends. What a crazy thoughtful gift…for all six of her roommates!
Let me show you all three of the images colored.
If you are wondering what other stamp sets are retiring this year please take a look at them HERE. But remember…availability on retiring stamp sets are guaranteed only through May 24th. All the the rest of the retiring products are while supplies last! Order soon if you still have some of these items on your wish list.
I love to hear from you! Please leave me any questions you may have or comments about today’s project.
- If you enjoyed this post then Receive Free tutorials when you subscribe to my newsletter. Plus you will keep up to date on all the Stampin’ Up! news, sales and promotions.
- Remember that the retiring list has posted and products are only available while supplies last. Click Here to review the lists.
- Save 10% all the time on Product Bundles.
- The $99 Starter Kit is always the Best Deal! And if you join now you will be able to order new catalog products in May. Learn more Here.
Lots of coloring fun when you pull out the Petal Passion Designer Series Paper! Love the black and white but look what happens when you add some color. The other products I used are also from the Petal Passion Suite. Save 10% when you purchase the Petal Palette stamp set and Petals & More Thinlits Dies as a bundle!
Look at all the lovely patterns. The possibilities are endless with or with out color!
A Few Details and tutorial:
- The Stampin’ Blends are a great option for coloring. No streaking and they blend easily so you look like a pro even if you aren’t. I’m certainly not! The colors I used are the Calypso Coral Combo, Daffodil Delight dark , Old Olive light and the Bermuda Bay Combo.
- If you are tired of circles and ovals check out the Lots of Labels Thinelits Dies. They make a nice back ground for my bird and leaves
- How do you choose what color to make the bird? How about something that doesn’t blend in with the rest of the colors. How about a pop of Bermuda Bay!
- You will notice that the die cut leaves are not the same as the stamped leaves in this set. I love that Stampin’ Up! has gone with coordinating some of the dies instead of matching them up. It gives you lots of options.
Click Here to Print Tutorial
Make a comment and I’ll draw someone’s name to receive today’s card!
If you would like to receive additional tutorials just like this one subscribe to my newsletter today.
Members of my newsletter and members of my team (great time to join through March 31) receive 30 or more amazing tutorials each month created by a global tutorial group I belong to. I’m sure you will love the variety of projects they create.
Are you local to me? If so please join me for a class.
This class is generally the 4th Thursday of the month.
You get to choose between a morning (10:00am) or evening class (6:30pm)
We make 6 cards and it’s always a lot of fun!!
Click here for a list of events and to register.
Have an awesome day!
Products used to create today’s project: