Today’s card is a clean and simple card I created for some team recognition gifts. The card was sent to let them know that the packages were on the way. But what I found is that in most cases the packages arrived before the cards! I guess in the future I need to rethink my timing.
I used the Amazing You stamp set which is the same set I used in yesterday’s card. It’s a FREE Sale-A-Bration set that you can choose when you place a $50 order. Speaking of yesterday’s card. I will be sending that card to MaryAnn! Congrats MaryAnn! Please email me your address in the next 3 days and I’ll get the card in the mail to you. I have decided I want to send more cards this year and one way to do that is to send them out to my blog readers. So if you would like to receive today’s card in the mail please leave a comment.
- I love clean and simple cards. They are cards with a focus element and a lot of white (empty) space. So my focus on today’s card is the simply stamped white circle matted in Melon Mambo.
- For quick and easy stamping I added all three lines of the sentiment to one larger block and inked and stamped them all together.
- The ‘celebrate’ was stamped in the same color as the cardstock (Emerald Envy) which gives it a watermark look. By the way Emerald Envy is one of five of the In Colors that will be retiring this year. If you love those colors this would be a perfect time to stock up!
- The Crinkled Seam Binding gives a perfect finished touch to the card to make it special. And in all honesty I didn’t think I would like this ribbon but it’s absolutely gorgeous!
Today’s card reminded me that I want to give you a head’s up on some of my favorite colors – the 2016-2018 In Colors. This is the year that this set of colors will retire. Though we don’t know the date the retiring list will be announced, it is usually in April or May. These colors will sell out within days of the list being announced! So to avoid stress and be able to budget your purchases I recommend you think about stocking up on these products now. Remember ink refills, and the ribbon and embellishments that come in these colors. Click HERE to order this year’s retiring products.
If you have questions or would like to be in the random drawing for today’s card please comment on today’s post. Maybe tell me what your favorite 2016-2018 In Color is.
Other quick links you may be interested in:
Don’t you just smile from ear to ear when you finish making a card and think…Yes! I love it! And when that happens can you part with the card? Be honest! I know it’s not easy but because I’m trying to send more cards this year I’m going to send this card out to some lucky person that comments on my post today. I’m thinking maybe I should start doing that every day. What do you think…does that sound like a fun idea?
This was actually my first play with two amazing products in the Sale-A-Bration catalog and I created it for a tutorial co-op I belong to. You can get the Amazing You stamp set Free with a $50 purchase and the and the coordinating Celebrate You Thinlits Dies Free with a $100 purchase. They work great together or choose your favorite. Just remember if you want them both, when your order hits $150 you also get Stampin’ Rewards! Now that’s a lot of free stuff!!
To see all the FREE Sale-A-Bration items you can choose from, including the newest ones that were just released yesterday click here. But if you need copies of our catalogs on hand to fuel your creativity click here and I’ll make sure to drop them in the mail to you.
- Stamping your own background paper is easy, fun and keeps you from having to search for the perfect coordinating paper. Here I stamped the flower image randomly on the whisper white layer with Smokey Slate ink.
- Black and white always looks great with a pop of color and here I used Bermuda Bay…my favorite color. The Stampin’ Blends give you such vibrant color. I like to always start light and add layers of color until I like what I see.
- It’s easy to give your flowers dimension. Stamp and color two flowers, cut the center from one and pop it up with dimensionals on the stamped flower. More dimension is added on the card by popping up the die cut ‘you’.
- And I almost forgot…check out the shimmer ribbon. It’s one of three ribbons in a pack you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration!
Click HERE to download a FREE tutorial of today’s card.
To receive 30 or more tutorials each month simply subscribe to my newsletter today! Members of my newsletter and members of my team receive amazing tutorials created by members of a tutorial co-op I belong to. It’s a great partnership of demonstrators all over the globe and I know you will love the variety of projects they create.
If you would like more information about joining my Happy Heart Stampers Team click here or send me an email so we can arrange a time to chat. Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to purchase a Starter Kit because it’s a great deal!
Remember to comment on my blog post today…maybe you will be the lucky one to receive this card!
Have a Happy Day!
If you are local to the Jasper Georgia area make sure you sign up for my February and March classes.
- Quick and Cute Card Class – February 22 at both 10:00 and and 6:30 pm. RSVP by February 20.
- Perennial Birthday Project Kit Class – February 27 at 6:30pm. PREPAY by Feb 27.
Click Here to register
Bring a Friend (new to me) to class and
earn a FREE ink pad during my Add a Pad Promotion
Calling all cat lovers…now you can punch cute cats in all colors for your handmade cards, planners and scrapbooks! Today I’ve chosen two of my favorite colors (Dapper Denim and Berry Burst) and placed these sweet cats in a picture frame. I love the way their tails sort of wrap around the frame. wo cats…pretty as a picture!
- The cascading flowers and butterflies give this card a whimsical feel. And if you don’t recognize them they’re from the Bike Ride bundle on page 20 of the annual catalog. Don’t be too concerned about the placement of the flowers and the leaves just stamp them here there diagonally across the card.
- The tiny and adorable butterflies are from the dies in the Bike Ride bundle. I added them to the card using our Mini Glue Dots because it’s quick and I know they are going to stay right where I put them.
- The squares in the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Squares Framelits coordinate perfectly so that you can put one inside the other and cut a perfect picture frame. One with really cute stitching all around.
- After creating the frame and punching the cats I placed them in the frame and moved them around until they fit just the way I wanted them to with the tails wrapped around the frame. I then lifted the dapper denim cat’s head and applied a bit of adhesive so they would stay in position. Then I added a little adhesive here and there to adhere them to the frame.
- Have you ordered the Mini Dimensionals? They’re the perfect size when you want something small or thin to ‘pop’. You don’t have to spend the time cutting the larger ones. And besides being the right size…they’re just plain cute! Make sure you put them on your next order.
- The Recipe for today’s card is below.
I have one warning…the Stampin’ Up! Cat Punch is addictive! Once you start punching little cats…you just don’t want to quit!!
If you haven’t seen my pretty in pink cat or my Halloween cat you might want to take a peek.
Be a part of my $1000 Hostess Party! Earn more dollars in rewards with a smaller qualifying order.
I need 10 hostesses to make this work. You can place your own order or gather orders from family members and friends. If you are interested please contact me before September 20th. I will then email each of you the hostess code you will use when checking out. Click here for all the details.
This is my last month to earn the Incentive Trip to Alaska and I have a stretch sales goal to meet to make it. If you can’t be one of my $100 hostesses please consider placing a $50 order with me. I still need 33 orders to reach my goal. Each $50 order will receive a handmade gift and thank you card. Please use the hostess code QPGANYKA when checking out. Do not check the no contact box or I won’t know who you are to send your thank you.
Thank you for your loyalty and support!
Recipe for Today’s project:
- Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/2 and folded
- Whisper White scrap
- Berry Burst scrap
- Damper Denim scrap
- Fold the 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card base in half and burnish with a bone folder.
- Stamp the flower here and there diagonally across the card using Berry Burst ink.
- Do the same with the leaves in Old Olive but stamp off first for a lighter color.
- Use the largest square in the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies and place the Layering Squares die that is slightly smaller in the center of the stitched die and run them through the Big Shot at the same time.
- Punch the two cats in Dapper Denim and Berry Burst. Flip the Dapper Denim cat over so he is going in the opposite direction.
- Position the cats inside the frame the way you want them, which can be a little tricky. Then lift the dapper denim cat and apply a little adhesive to hold them together.
- Add adhesive in other places to adhere the cats to the frame.
- Use Mini Dimensionals on the back of the frame and regular dimensionals on the back of the cats and place the frame and cats slightly off centered.
- Stamp the sentiment. Forever young is from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set
- Die cut the little butterflies and adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Tie a little White Twine bow and add with a glue dot.
- Place a happy birthday sentiment on the inside and sent to your favorite friend.
Click Images to shop in my online store:
Have you tried the Stampin’ Up! Embossing Paste yet from Stampin’ Up!
I’m now thinking what took me so long to open that jar of fun! You can use the white paste right out of the jar or mix in a drop or two of re-inker and make it any color you like. I used Lemon Lime Twist on my first card and love it!
- Make sure you also order the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and the Palette Knives. There are four fun masks to use with the embossing paste. But guess what…you can also use them with sponge daubers and spritzers. Think of all the possibilities.
- When mixing the ink with the paste I find the Silicone Craft Sheet to be the perfect tool. The non stick surface makes for easy mixing and easy clean up.
- Now for applying the paste. Easy as can be. Place your mask on the card stock and apply the paste like frosting on a cake. Then take the long palette knife and scrap off the excess. Gently take the mask off and let dry while you create another element on the card.
- I teamed the paste up with the Cool Treats Stamp Set and Dies. Even though the kids are in school, it’s still summer here in Georgia and a perfect time for ice cream. But wait, are you an ice cream lover like I am…I can eat ice cream all year long, even in the dead of winter!
- The ovals make the perfect backdrop for my ice cream cone and I love the way the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Ovals coordinate. I own all the shapes – circles, ovals and squares. One of the reasons I’m a demonstrator…the discount!
$1,000 Hostess Party!
Learn how you can earn $20 in hostess rewards without actually hosting a party in your home!
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Clearance Rack is stocked with lots of new products – up to 60% off. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Paper Pumpkin Promo – first time subscribers. 50% off when you use the code HAFLOFF0917
August early release bundle –Carols of Christmas
Today”s Project Supply List. Click Products To Shop On Line.
Blog Candy Winner
Last week’s blog candy winner is Dee Whitaker…Congratulations!
(chosen by random.org)
Contact me with your address and as long as you live in the US I’ll be sending you the fun blog candy
along with the card I featured on the original post.
Dee’s comment was…Your website looks great! I love the new DSP Pop of Color paper! Black and white with a pop of Melon Mambo.
A simple leaf for a fall birthday. Yes, it appears to be a simple leaf but when you look closer you will see that the design looks almost 3D.
- By layering designer series paper and then popping up a layer with a die cut you give your card that 3D effect.
- I fell in love with our whisper white thick card stock for card bases but it’s also a perfect weight when popping up a die cut layer. No sagging and no need to use tons of dimensionals.
- Give the leaf more emphasis by outlining it with your soft suede marker (thin end). This is easily done by placing the leaf back over the die cut and tracing around the actual die.
- Add a pretty grosgrain ribbon in a coordinating color and a simple sentiment to finish off your card
- But in the end, what really makes this card extra special is the pretty patterned paper. This is only one of the beautiful designs in the Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- If you’re a leaf lover then make sure you look at the coordinating Vintage Leaves stamp set because when you use the stamp and die together you can make the most beautiful leaves. This is one combo that will remain in my stamp studio long after it retires.
With a Happy Heart
Click To Shop
Designer Series Paper Sale through the end of the month. Add the paper sale to a s Starter Kit and get the Ultimate Deal.
- Cut a soft suede card base 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 score and fold in half
- Cut a Delightful Dijon layer 4×5-1/4
- Cut a Thick Whisper White layer 3-3/4 x 5
- Adhere the Delightful Dijon layer to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment in Delightful Dijon ink on the bottom of the white layer.
- Cut the leave shape using the Leaflets Framelits (several leaves to choose from) and then keeping the die in place outline it with a soft suede marker (thin point end)
- Tie Delightful Dijon Grosgrain Ribbon around the white layer and tie a knot.
- Glue a 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of patterned paper to the Delightful Dijon layer making sure it will fit right under the die cut when you add that layer.
- Add dimensionals to the back of the thick white layer. Not just around the outside of the layer. Place some small pieces of dimensional around the actual leaf. Then adhere the finish layer to the card.
I’m joining forces with fellow demonstrators to turn the internet pink with creativity this month in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Early detection of breast cancer, like any other cancer, is the key in saving more lives. So I encourage everyone to make sure your mammograms are up to date and you’re doing self checks.
My card today is a birthday card I made for my great niece. She’s sweet, adorable and loves to make cards when we are together. She lives in Florida so we don’t get to see each often but when we do, we do ‘carding’ all day!
- She loves the Butterfly Punches so it’s the first thing I pulled off the shelf.
- Next I went to our Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper and when I saw the gold flecked paper I decided a pop of Gold Foil would be perfect!
- The perfect bling for this card is the Metallic Enamel Shapes. Just a single dot on the butterfly. You get both silver and gold in each package.
- The sentiment is from the stamp set Endless Birthday Wishes. And endless it is…lots of words that can be combined in endless combinations.
She’ going to “LOVE IT”!
So here we are ‘carding’ the last time she visited. She wants to use every tool and runs the Big Shot like a pro! Look…we both have pink on…perfect for today’s post!
The Breast Cancer 2-Day walk is coming up soon in Atlanta. I have a few friends that are walking in the walks this year and wanted to say how awesome I think it is. I will be praying and sending thoughts of encouragement!
I did the walk in 2000 when it was a 3-Day Walk and it was such an amazing experience. I was about a year out of treatment with Non-Hodgkins cancer and felt the need to do the walk for so many reasons. I will never forget it!
Here I am with my dear friend and two outrageously dressed volunteers who cheered us on. I would encourage everyone to do the walk at least once. But if you think you could never walk that far consider being a cheerleader. They were so very important as they lifted our spirits at every stop and cheered us on to the end.
So remember to have your check ups and remind your loved ones.
Three more days to take advantage of our World Card Making Day Specials. Click HERE for additional details or to place your order.
Plus…Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale is happening this month!
Hostess Code QH2UBXV9
- Use the hostess code above with a $50 order and receive a gift from me.
- If your order is $150 or more DO NOT use the hostess code as you will be receiving your very own hostess rewards.
- If you have any problems placing your order using the code please contact me.
Supplies used in today’s card: