Today I wanted to share one of my all time favorite Easter and spring stamp sets…Fable Friends. I’m so excited that this set will be carried over to the new catalog. First I did a quick fun card for one of my classes and then used a fun technique on another card for my stamp club.
This cute bunny card was done in Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and the Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper. Have you purchased this awesome paper yet? If not, you need to get some. I have to confess I have purchased more then my share because it just makes me smile when I use it. If you want some…go order it now because it will be retiring, is on back order and I don’t know how long it will last when it comes in!
The Layering Ovals are a staple in my craft studio. Lots of choices for sizes and they have both straight edged ovals and scalloped ones. Measurements for this card can be found at the bottom of the page.
Here I used resist heat embossing as our technique for Stamp Club and fancied up the card with the pretty 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon. I’m so glad this ribbon is sticking around in the new catalog…It’s just pretty and fun! If you have heat embossed before then resist embossing will be easy.
- First I stamped the leaves (from the Rooted in Nature stamp set) in VersaMark ink (a clear slow drying ink) and then sprinkled Clear Embossing Powder over the images and used my Heat Tool (on high) to emboss.
- Next I used Sponge Brayers to sponge Sea Foam Ink over the entire card. Make sure you start with a light pressure…because you can always add ink but you can never take it away.
- Then take a paper towel or soft cloth to wipe over the card to remove the ink from the leaves. This will make them pop and shine!
- I also used the brayer on a scrap piece of whisper white cardstock so that the leaves I punched with the Leaf Punch looked the same as the background.
Make sure you check out all the cute images and sentiments because I will be using this set long after Easter for baby cards and just fun thinking of you cards for friends.
I love to hear from you! Please leave me any questions you may have or comments about today’s project.
- If you enjoyed this post then Receive Free tutorials when you subscribe to my newsletter. Plus you will keep up to date on all the Stampin’ Up! news, sales and promotions.
- Remember that the retiring list has posted and products are only available while supplies last. Click Here to review the lists.
- Save 10% all the time on Product Bundles.
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%.
- The $99 Starter Kit is always the Best Deal! Learn more Here.
Card base (Gorgeous Grape) 7-1/2″x5-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″
White embossed layer (Subtle embossing folder) 2-7/8″x5-1/4
Scrapes o fWhisper White and Gorgeous Grape for the ovals and circle
1″ x 5-1/4″ of Gingham Gala paper
Whisper White inside 4″ x 5-14″
Car Base (Smoky Slate) 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″ and folded
Whispe White layer 4″ x 5-1/4″
Scrapes of Whisper White for oval, circle and leaves
Scrape of Smoky Slate for scalloped oval
Products for First Card: