Sharing a swap card I made for this month’s Happy Heart Stampers’ Team Meeting. The theme was birthday and I just love the ‘happy’ in this birthday card! Like the last two days, I’ll be choosing someone to receive this card as happy mail. All you need to do is make a comment at the end of the post and I may be choosing you! You have 3 days to email me your address so I can drop it in the mail. Saturday’s card is going to Mary Ann, if I hear from her soon, and yesterday’s to Sandy. This is fun!
I love black and white cards with a pop of color but in this case pop maybe isn’t the word I would use. Instead, I used soft subtle colors. This is actually a card I cased from the Sale-a-bration Brochure and at the end of the post I’ll share the card so you can see the changes I did make.
- The Happy Wishes stamp set is a Sale-A-Bration stamp set that has 16 stamps for lots of occasions and you can get it free during Sale-A-Bration. It’s one of the special products you can get when you place a $100 order. That’s something new this year and I love the option.
- The sentiment is stamped inTuxedo Black Memento ink. I love our Archival Basic Black Ink but I knew I wanted to use Stampin’ Blends to color the flower and therefore needed to use a water based ink so the black wouldn’t bleed into the flowers. If you decide to use ink and blender pens or watercolor pencils then you would want to use the archival black.
- The Petal Passion Designer Series Paper pack is all black and white designs. It’s great paper to have on hand because you can use it as is like I did here or you can color it like I did on a card in an earlier post.
- The embossing folder is a new one in the Occasions Catalog called the Petal Pair. It’s two smaller embossing folders that are great for adding a little texture to your cards.
- I used the lighter shades of four different Stampin’ Blends…Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Old Olive. I used the brush end so I could gently use the tip to catch all the tiny areas in the flowers. You do need a steady hand but with the Color Lifter I was able to push the color back in the design in the few places that needed that.
- I’ll be adding a free tutorial for this card to my newsletter next week. If you aren’t a subscriber get signed up today!
This is the card in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure I cased plus another sample.
Would you have noticed that I cased the catalog card if I hadn’t told you? Make a comment for today’s card.
Other quick links you may be interested in:
- Subscribe to my newsletter for exclusive offers and updates and to have access to 30 or more tutorials each month. These tutorials are part of a global demonstrator tutorial co-op I belong to.
- Free product gifts, during Sale-A-Bration, with every $50 you purchase through March 31,2018
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save up to 70%
- Save 10% every day with our Product Bundles
- Learn How to join the Happy Heart Stampers (both local and online)
- Follow me on Facebook
- If you are local (Jasper, Ga) check out my in person classes