Calling all cat lovers…now you can punch cute cats in all colors for your handmade cards, planners and scrapbooks! Today I’ve chosen two of my favorite colors (Dapper Denim and Berry Burst) and placed these sweet cats in a picture frame. I love the way their tails sort of wrap around the frame. wo cats…pretty as a picture!
- The cascading flowers and butterflies give this card a whimsical feel. And if you don’t recognize them they’re from the Bike Ride bundle on page 20 of the annual catalog. Don’t be too concerned about the placement of the flowers and the leaves just stamp them here there diagonally across the card.
- The tiny and adorable butterflies are from the dies in the Bike Ride bundle. I added them to the card using our Mini Glue Dots because it’s quick and I know they are going to stay right where I put them.
- The squares in the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Squares Framelits coordinate perfectly so that you can put one inside the other and cut a perfect picture frame. One with really cute stitching all around.
- After creating the frame and punching the cats I placed them in the frame and moved them around until they fit just the way I wanted them to with the tails wrapped around the frame. I then lifted the dapper denim cat’s head and applied a bit of adhesive so they would stay in position. Then I added a little adhesive here and there to adhere them to the frame.
- Have you ordered the Mini Dimensionals? They’re the perfect size when you want something small or thin to ‘pop’. You don’t have to spend the time cutting the larger ones. And besides being the right size…they’re just plain cute! Make sure you put them on your next order.
- The Recipe for today’s card is below.
I have one warning…the Stampin’ Up! Cat Punch is addictive! Once you start punching little cats…you just don’t want to quit!!
Be a part of my $1000 Hostess Party! Earn more dollars in rewards with a smaller qualifying order.
I need 10 hostesses to make this work. You can place your own order or gather orders from family members and friends. If you are interested please contact me before September 20th. I will then email each of you the hostess code you will use when checking out. Click here for all the details.
This is my last month to earn the Incentive Trip to Alaska and I have a stretch sales goal to meet to make it. If you can’t be one of my $100 hostesses please consider placing a $50 order with me. I still need 33 orders to reach my goal. Each $50 order will receive a handmade gift and thank you card. Please use the hostess code QPGANYKA when checking out. Do not check the no contact box or I won’t know who you are to send your thank you.
Thank you for your loyalty and support!
Recipe for Today’s project:
- Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/2 and folded
- Whisper White scrap
- Berry Burst scrap
- Damper Denim scrap
- Fold the 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card base in half and burnish with a bone folder.
- Stamp the flower here and there diagonally across the card using Berry Burst ink.
- Do the same with the leaves in Old Olive but stamp off first for a lighter color.
- Use the largest square in the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies and place the Layering Squares die that is slightly smaller in the center of the stitched die and run them through the Big Shot at the same time.
- Punch the two cats in Dapper Denim and Berry Burst. Flip the Dapper Denim cat over so he is going in the opposite direction.
- Position the cats inside the frame the way you want them, which can be a little tricky. Then lift the dapper denim cat and apply a little adhesive to hold them together.
- Add adhesive in other places to adhere the cats to the frame.
- Use Mini Dimensionals on the back of the frame and regular dimensionals on the back of the cats and place the frame and cats slightly off centered.
- Stamp the sentiment. Forever young is from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set
- Die cut the little butterflies and adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Tie a little White Twine bow and add with a glue dot.
- Place a happy birthday sentiment on the inside and sent to your favorite friend.
Click Images to shop in my online store: