During my goal setting time in early December I decided that I would send way more cards in 2017, especially birthday cards. I was tired of feeling like the shoemaker who’s children had no shoes. I’m a card maker for pete’s sake…let’s get them in the mail! Then as luck would have it I got sick for weeks and fell hopelessly behind. So now I’m catching up and renewing my goals.
So today I have a simple birthday card I shared with my team last month. It uses the Balloon Adventures Bundle from the 2017 Occasions Catalog. When you purchase it as a bundle you save 10% off and now through the end of March you get to choose a free product from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog. Win- Win! You can browse the Free items Here.
Polka dots and stripes…love them together. How about you? And what do you think about the new doilies in the Occasions Catalog? I really never used doilies much except in vintage cards until just recently. I was at an event in November and saw how one of the Artisan’s used them everywhere and now I’m kind of into them. And you know what’s special about these? They’re Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other!
I mentioned above about getting a free product during Sale-A-Bration but I didn’t want to forget to tell you about the best deal right now. The Starter Kit is only $99 and you get $125 in product of your choice PLUS you can pick TWO Stamps for FREE! If you have a long wish list – it’s the thing to do! If you have questions please feel free to email me or pick up the phone and give me a call. Information to reach me is at the very top of the blog.
Make it Now!
Watermelon Wonder card base 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
Smoky Slate layer 3 x 4-1/2
Whisper White layer 2-3/4 x 4-1/4
Tasty Treats – Designer Series Paper 2 x 5-1/2
- Using Watermelon Wonder ink, stamp the balloon image from Balloon Adventures on to the whisper white layer and then stamp the tiny bow.
- Stamp the balloon string in Smoky Slate.
- Glue the stamped layer to the Smoky Slate layer and tie the whisper white ribbon around the bottom and tie a knot.
- Using a scrap of white, stamp the banner outline in Smoky Slate and the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder. Fussy cut the banner and add it to the ballon layer with dimensionals.
- Glue the stripped Designer Series Paper to the left side of the card base and then adhere the doily (I used half a doily).
- Now add your stamped layers to the card base and then stamp a happy birthday sentiment on a white 4 x 5-1/4 layer on the inside of the card.
- It’s always fun to add a balloon or two on the envelope.