Hi Everyone! Welcome to the September One Stamp At A Time (OSAT) Blog Hop. This month the theme is Designer’s Choice. I thought I might have a difficult time choosing with all the new products on my shelves but there were two products calling my name!
Whether you’re starting the hop with me or you just came from Tina’s Riddle’s blog make sure you visit everyone in the lineup. We have some new bloggers this month and some great projects! If you lose your way theres’s a list of hoppers at the bottom of the page.
- The first product calling my name was the stamp set Lighthearted Leaves. It’s a great set with a modern feel that you can use all year round.
- It’s a perfect stamp for coloring or for the technique I used today…Resist Heat Embossing.
- Resist Heat Embossing is easy and fun.
- Stamp the leaves using VersaMark on Whisper White card stock
- Heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Sponge color on the leaves right on top of the embossing and then wipe with a paper towel. I used Cajan Craze, Mossy Meadow and Delightful Dijon ink.
- Cut the leaves out using the coordinating Leaflets Freamelits. I did fussy cut a bit on the dijon leaf.
- The colored splatters were easy to do with my go to splatter stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.
- I learned a fun technique at convention to add gold glitter splatter. Mix Tombow Glue with water using an Aqua Painter and then tap the brush against your hand to have it splatter on the paper. Sprinkle with glitter, tap off extra and place it aside to dry. Makes any card a WOW!
My 3D projet for this month uses the fun new Square Pillow Box Thinlits. I love that it’s a good sized box that can be used for small gifts, candy and cookies.
- It’s super simple to put together! I decided to emboss the front with the Woodland Embossing Folder first. You know it’s a favorite of mine. 🙂
- The small stamped leaves are from the stamp set Among the Branches. They are stamped in the same color as the card stock…Crumb Cake.
- The acorns are fun and easy when you use The Acorny Thank You Stamp Set with the Coordinating Acorn Builder Punch. Bundle the products and save 15%!