Welcome to the August One Stamp At A Time (OSAT) Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Back to School! Depending on where you live your children may or may not have gone back to school yet. Here in Georgia they started early last week!
Whether you are starting the hop here or you just enjoyed the awesome projects on Martie Pollard’s blog make sure you visit every one in the line up. You’ll find lots of ideas for back to school. If you lose your way there’s a list of hoppers at the bottom of the page.
- Now I struggled a bit with this theme because my boys are 30 and 35 and it’s been a long time since I’ve made teacher and classmate gifts. The only stamp set I own, that says children to me, is the You’re Sublime set. The little frog is adorable and I thought I could work with the sentiment “totally awesome”.
- Schoolhouse Designer Series Paper was an obvious choice…both the alphabet in Garden Green and the lined writing paper.
- The frog was stamped with black Stazon ink and watercolored with an Aqua Pen and Garden Green ink.
- Letters can easily be cut with the Little Letters Thinlits.
- The sentiment is attached to the frog and was stamped in black Stazon. I decided to stamp it again in Real Red on a matted banner and place it over the black letters.
My second project is the obvious apple! 🙂
- The Curvy Keepsakes Thinlet makes the perfect container for a little chocolate. I once had a teacher tell me…no smelly stuff…chocolate or money was her idea of a perfect gift.
- Additional letters on a tag, a green leave punched with the 2″ Circle Punch, and Early Espresso Ribbon is a perfect topper.
- And I couldn’t resist adding a cute little worm with goggly eyes using the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- My last project for today is a little treat holder. You could send these with your child to share with friends or leave a basket of them for the teachers.
- It’s a 2″ x 6″ piece of Real Red card stock punched on each end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch…and it’s on sale this week!
- The label is stamped and cut with with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits.
- Tie together with Whisper White ribbon and add a little Rhinestone.
Thank you for stopping by. Leave a little love in the way of a comment. Which is your favorite project?
Your next stop on the hop is the talented Maggie Mata. Hop a long and have fun! 🙂
1. James Weber
2. Holly Stene
5. Wynne Grob
6. Marisa Gunn
7. Kim Smith
8. Lori Mueller
10. Tina Riddle
11. Andrea Pancrazio
13. Martie Pollard
14. You Are Here
15. Maggie Mata
16. Eva Bussom
17. Justin Krieger