The Build a Birthday stamp set makes a great cake but take a look at some of the other fun things you can do with it. If you didn’t see the cake card you can view it here.
This idea I cased from a good friend Monika Davis. We have a group of friends from around the country that meet for dinner at convention the first night and we swap cards…of course. 🙂
- The bright colors and fun dots make you feel like celebrating. They were created with sponge daubers and the eraser side of a pencil. Monika said she used a Q-tip for the smaller circles but I liked the uniformity of the pencil erasers.
- The colors are Bermuda Bay, Cucumber Crush, Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder.
- The front of the card base is cut 3/4″ shorter so the fun Cherry On Top Washi Tape on the inside also shows on the outside.
- Finishing touch some Black Baker’s Twine. You all know how I love baker’s twine! Cant beat the price!
I also received this card as a swap at convention too. I changed up the banner and the layering a bit but the idea of using the candle flame as a bird is something I may have never of thought of. 🙂 They sort of look like alien birds but cute none the less.
- The ground is stamped with a stamp from the Sheltering Tree stamp set in Tip Top Taupe and Mint Macaroon.
- The flame was turned on it side and stamped in the Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush ink.
- The eyes, beak and legs were drawn in free hand with Stampin’ Write Markers. Make sure you use a light stoke on the legs.
I’m sure you have some thoughts about these birds. (Heehee) Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. Supplies can be found at the bottom of the page for both projects.
Tomorrow’s the Big Day…The Holiday Catalog Goes Live! This is the day we have all been waiting for. I will be sharing the online version tomorrow along with some of my favorite products. My suggestion is to order your favorites ASAP to avoid any backorders on the most popular items. The new products in the catalog are amazing and I’m sure you will want your favorite items to ship immediately.
Do you still need a Holiday Catalog? If you are planning to place your next order with me and would like a Free Catalog please Click Here.
If you are a current customer and have not received your copy of the Holiday Catalog…please email me and I will get one to you ASAP.
Project Supplies = Candle Card