Welcome to my blog and the OSAT June Blog Hop. This month we will be featuring masculine cards in honor of Father’s Day! So if you need a last minute card or gift idea for the dad in your life I hope you’ll find all the inspiration you need here at the hop. And if you don’t need a guy card now tuck these ideas away for when you do.
You may be starting the blog hop with me today or maybe you came from The Crafty Bandit, Martie Pollard’s blog. Either way make sure you visit everyone, have fun, and leave some comments. There’s a blog lineup at the bottom of the page just in case you get off track.
- I had lots of fun working on my card for today. It’s a shaker card! Yes even the guys in your life will think this is a lot of FUN!
- Masculine colors…Basic Black and Basic Gray with Island Indigo as the added pop of color.
- The frame was cut with the largest of the Deco Labels Collection Framelits. And the circle used was the 6th one from the center of the Circles Framelits.
- The Chevron Embossing Folder gave just the right amount of texture without taking away from the shaker frame.
- White Fun Foam was used to make the shaker. It’s cut to support the entire front of the card making it a sturdy card.
- The fun part was deciding what to put in the shaker. First tools stamped and cut using the Guys Greetings stamp set. Then some tiny beads found in my jewelry making stash and just a few retired gold star sequins that appear when you shake the card.
- The bottle was missing it’s lid so the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch cut a perfect sized lid.
- Early Espresso and Cajan Craze are nice masculine colors that work well with the candy wrappers.
- The tag was created with several Stampin’ Up! punches…the Ornate Tag Topper Punch , the Note Tag Punch. and the Project Life Corner Punch.
- To use the Ornate Tag Topper as a mat for the Note Tag Punch cut the Cajan Craze card stock 1-3/4″ wide instead of 2″.
- The shoes…again from the Guy Greetings stamp set.
Supply List for the shaker card: