It’s time for another One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Blog Hop! This month we are getting ready to celebrate Mother’s. Yes, Mother’s Day will be here before you know it! You may be starting the hop here with me or maybe you just came from James Weber’s blog. Either way, make sure you visit all the hoppers for Mother’s Day inspiration. And remember if you lose your way you can always view the blog lineup below.
I thought it would be fun to first introduce you to my mom. She is 87 years young and always the life of the party! I have been blessed to have her in my life as my very best friend and cheerleader and cherish everyday we have together. Every year I try to surprise her with a handmade card and coordinating gift box or bag for Mother’s Day. This is what I have made for her this year. Shhhhh…keep it a secret!
The Mother’s Love Stamp Set and the Happy Heart Embossing Folder make it easy to have a beautiful coordinating look.
- Vellum…it’s on trend and I love when you emboss it with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The card base color is Soft Sky and it’s embossed with the Happy Hearts Embossing Folder. If you don’t have the folder yet…you ‘need’ it.
- I kept the card clean and simple by using a tag punched with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch.
- I dressed up the inside of the card with a piece of matching heart embossed card stock and a strip of the Gold Foil Sheets.
- The simple Mother’s Day sentiment was also heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
- The box is the Stampin’ Up! Kraft Gift Box covered in matching heart embossed card stock. They are a perfect size at 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 and 2-1/2 inches high. I’ll be able to put several surprises inside.
- Tip – Use Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Fast Fuse to make sure the embossed card stock adheres well to the box.
- Does this box look vaguely familiar? I would say that I cased it from the Occasions catalog but in reality I just decorated box and later saw that it looked a lot like the one in the catalog. I”m wondering if maybe I should call it a subconscious case. 🙂
Diane You are here