It’s so good to be home! Over two weeks ago I left for convention…and let me tell you I had a great time. Met some new friends, hung out with old friends, some of which I only get to see once a year, swapped, went to classes, and learned so much while having fun. I came home on Sunday washed clothes on Monday and headed to Notre Dame to visit my son for a week. While I was there I worked! I helped to pack up his girl friend’s apartment since she will be moving for a new job, and of course helped him clean his apartment. The drive home was the longest ever and it was so good to be in my own bed after two weeks!
Now you know why I’ve been missing in action and haven’t shared any convention pics or projects. So I thought I would start today.
This is one of my convention swaps. What do you think of this crazy cake? When I stamped it on the white paper I thought whimsical and knew that I wanted to color it in bright colors with our new alcohol markers…Blendibilities.
- The cake is from the Hostess Stamp Set – Life’s Adventure. You can earn this stamp by hosting a qualifiying party or placing a $150 order.
- Blendabilities are so nice to color with even if you don’t know all the ins and outs of blending. Know that if you do want to blend with them that it will probably take a little practice. I like to color from light to dark. Lay a base color of the lightest marker, add some of the medium and just a little of the dark for shading. Then take your lightest color again and go over the image. What I love most about the Blendabilities is that you don’t have any streaks.
- The Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder may now be my favorite folder.
- I often like to add a tag to a card and the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch makes it simple and quick to make a tag for any project.
- The flower adds that little extra bit of whimsy. It was stamped with Rich Razzleberry on Crushed Curry card stock and punched with the coordinating punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.