In my last post I mentioned the paper crafting retreat I attended this past weekend. It was a Stamp, Scrap, Create Retreat held by a sweet and creative demonstrator friend Monika Davis. As the week goes on I hope to share some of the projects from the retreat. Today’s is this AWESOME ombre gift bag!
- Yes the flowers on this gift bag make it a wow but to me the ombre or dip dyed look is what really gives it the Wow look. In fashion ombre refers to a fabric or garment that is monochromatic but has a graduated variation in the saturation of the color. This effect is achieved on the gift bag by starting at the top with Pink Pirouette and then using Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantaloupe, and lastly Calypso Coral.
- The flowers were created using the Spiral Flower Die. You can cut multiple layers out at a time with the Big Shot.
- The flowers were easy to make but, I’m not going to lie, time consuming. This is a project you would want to make for someone special. Each die piece was twisted into a flower using a pair of tweezers. But you could always use some other small round object even a pencil to wrap the die around. Hot glue was used to glue the flowers together and to attached them to the bag.
- Are you wondering where rectangular bag with the white grosgrain ribbon came from? It’s from one of the past Paper Pumpkin projects (February 2014). If you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber you can purchase past refill kits. If you aren’t a subscriber now…you can easily sign up here (remember to choose me as your demonstrator). Check out past kits and refills here.
- Now…just add your tag and you are ready for some awesome gift giving!
Lots of Ribbon and a couple of Digital Downloads – at great prices!
This Week’s New Digital Downloads…Click Here!