I was recently asked about ideas for a boys birthday card so I put on my thinking cap and rummaged through my stamp sets. First I thought Alphabet Press Embossing Folder…perfect! Now for a stamp set…how about all the cute animals in the Zoo Babies Stamp Set. And now all I need to do is keep it simple.
Details and Tips:
- Crumb Cake card base is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″.
- Pacific Point layer 5-1/2″ x 4″ embossed with the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder.
- Banner is 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ cut free hand. Snip up the center as deep as you want the flag end to be and then cut from the end to the middle on both sides. Mark the center with a pencil if that helps you get it centered.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig allowed me to place the sentiment and bird exactly where I wanted them.
- Add a little extra color (Calypso Coral) to the bird, some Linen Thread and a Button. I do put buttons on masculine cards…even for the big boys. How about you?
Yesterday was the start of my September Stamp Club. If you are in my local Georgia area (Jasper, Canton Ellijay, Cumming) and would like to learn to stamp consider this your invitation to give it a try. I have two additional September club meetings this week – Tuesday night at 6:30 and Friday morning at 10:00. Come as my guest and feel free to invite a friend. Call or text me for more information.
Promotions and New Products you might be interested in:
For those of you that might want an update on Shelli and how she is recovering visit www.soshelli.com.If you would like to send her a card please send it to Stampin’s Up!’s Riverton office. They will be making sure she receives them all.
ATTN: Get Well Shelli
12907 South 3600 West
Riverton, UT 84065
Hope you’re Monday is a good one!