How much fun is this card? I love sunflowers…how about you? They have a special meaning for me as every time I see one it causes me to stop and remember a special little boy.
If you know me, you know that I love clean and simple cards. It’s my style for two reasons…one, I need for my card making to be quick! If I have to spend too much time it just isn’t fun for me. Are there many of you out there that feel the same? And two, luckily, I love the look!
I’ve been playing with the Eastern Palace Suite for a couple of weeks now and though I love the entire suite I am crazy in love with the dies! So I decided for stamp club this month they would get to make this fun clean and simple sunflower card.
- The Eastern Palace die used for the petals is perfect for making sunflowers. I use the Precision Plate and Die Brush for all my intricate dies now. The Precision Plate helps to make deeper cuts so that all the intricate parts of the die are cut through. Then the Die Brush with it’s mat make it so you don’t have to sit and poke all the little pieces out. These are must have tools if you are into intricate dies.
- There are a number of wonderful sentiments in the Eastern Palace Stamp Set but I am loving the two curved ones so much!
- Embossing folders are a great way to give your cards texture. Here, the center of the sunflower is a 2″ circle that’s been embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I’m sad to say that this folder was on the retiring list and has been sold out since I designed this card for my stamp club. But, with all the embossing folders both new and old I’m sure there’s a folder that would still look great.
- The little bee, if you are loving her, is one of the stamps in the Touches of Texture stamp set. You do have to fussy cut her out but it’ s really easy to do if you have a pair of Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Snips. They are so sharp and easy to use.
The Eastern Palace Suite is in the new annual catalog that will go live on June 1
but, you can get it now as an early release.
For details on each of the bundles, what Free Gifts
you get with each, and how to order click Here.
Hope you have a smile filled day today! And while you are surfing on social media please visit me on Facebook.Pinterest and Instagram. Links are at the very top of the side bar. Plus, join my mailing list for free tutorials and updates.
Products used in today’s project:
It’s the Best Time to Shop for Crafting Supplies!
The clearance rack was updated two weeks ago and there are still some awesome products available at great prices. That’s right – bargain store prices for high quality Stampin’ Up! products. It’s time to Stock Up! Shop my Online Store Now!
Here’s a a cute case for holding your crafting supplies decorated with one of my favorite patterned papers – Petals & Paisleys. This designer series paper is now 60% off! Only $5.20!
Stock Up Now For Your Holiday Projects!
Tin of Tags Project Kit – 60% Off! Stitched with Cheer Project Kit – 60% Off!
Don’t Forget to Check the Retiring List
Lot’s of products at great prices. Grab your In Color card stock before it’s gone for good! Goodbye Mint Macaron…I have loved you so much! And Watermelon Wonder…I’m going to miss you too.
Beautiful You using Mint Macaron Card Stock and the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack
Shop Retiring Products Now!
There’s nothing better than sitting and perusing your very own Stampin’ Up! Catalog! Making a wish list and dreaming about how you will use all the amazing products! Ask me how I know! If you would like a FREE copy and plan to place your order in my online store request it Here. The catalog will include some fun extras and a coupon for your first order.
Today I wanted to share two additional projects we made at my Happy Heart Stampers Team gathering in April. My locals get together to share, learn and to make generally 4 projects. The team members that aren’t local always have the option of ordering a “To Go” Kit so they can make the projects along with us. So of course with the early release of this awesome group of products I decided to concentrate on the Eastern Palace Suite.
In this first card I decided to feature the dies that actually cut a flower. A pretty flower that you can use on just about any card. But when paired with the beautiful Eastern Palace designer series paper still has that eastern look. And yes that’s one of the new colors – Lemon Lime Twist. It’s a bright and fun color that I know most of you are going to absolutely love like I do! And then there are others of you that are going to have to give it time to grow on you. I know that from watching and listening to my team as they played with the new products.
These are the two dies that cut the flowers. The flowers on the left of the card use the small die. It cuts the petals leaving the center attached to the card stock. When you nest it with the larger die you get the Dapper Denim individual flower. And the fun part is that many of the other dies in the set work in the same way giving you lots and lots of possibilities.
This card uses another die that doesn’t cut all the way through the card stock. It’s still attached at all the points in the medallion. I’m also using two additional new In Colors – Tranquil Tide and Fresh Fig. Below is an image of the two dies used for this card and the way they are nested when you run them through your Big Shot.
The sentiments used in both cards are included in the bundle along with several others. I have a card to share with you soon that uses one of the curved sentiments in the set with a sunflower. Make sure you continue to stop back and visit me.
During Stampin’ Up!’s early release of the new Eastern Palace Suite you can purchase it in one of two bundles. The Starter bundle or the “I Want It All” Premier Bundle. Take a look and decide what’s best for you…but me…I’m an “I Want It All” kind of gal. How about you?
Click HERE for more details on the 2 bundles and the 3 ways you can purchase them. But if you’re ready to shop right now, visit my Online Store and I’ll be happy to send you the new 2017 – 2018 Annual Catalog.
Measurements for projects below.
- First Card:
- Dapper Denim card base – 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 folded in half
- Very Vanilla – 4 x 5-1/4
- Designer Series Paper – 1-1/2 x 5-1/4
- Vanilla circles 1-1/2 for sentiment and 1/2 for flower centers
- Second Card
- Fresh Fig card base – 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 folded
- Tranquil Tide – 3 x 4-1/4
- Very Vanilla – 3-1/2 x 3-1/2