Calling all cat lovers…now you can punch cute cats in all colors for your handmade cards, planners and scrapbooks! Today I’ve chosen two of my favorite colors (Dapper Denim and Berry Burst) and placed these sweet cats in a picture frame. I love the way their tails sort of wrap around the frame. wo cats…pretty as a picture!
- The cascading flowers and butterflies give this card a whimsical feel. And if you don’t recognize them they’re from the Bike Ride bundle on page 20 of the annual catalog. Don’t be too concerned about the placement of the flowers and the leaves just stamp them here there diagonally across the card.
- The tiny and adorable butterflies are from the dies in the Bike Ride bundle. I added them to the card using our Mini Glue Dots because it’s quick and I know they are going to stay right where I put them.
- The squares in the Stitched Shapes Framelits and the Layering Squares Framelits coordinate perfectly so that you can put one inside the other and cut a perfect picture frame. One with really cute stitching all around.
- After creating the frame and punching the cats I placed them in the frame and moved them around until they fit just the way I wanted them to with the tails wrapped around the frame. I then lifted the dapper denim cat’s head and applied a bit of adhesive so they would stay in position. Then I added a little adhesive here and there to adhere them to the frame.
- Have you ordered the Mini Dimensionals? They’re the perfect size when you want something small or thin to ‘pop’. You don’t have to spend the time cutting the larger ones. And besides being the right size…they’re just plain cute! Make sure you put them on your next order.
- The Recipe for today’s card is below.
I have one warning…the Stampin’ Up! Cat Punch is addictive! Once you start punching little cats…you just don’t want to quit!!
If you haven’t seen my pretty in pink cat or my Halloween cat you might want to take a peek.
Be a part of my $1000 Hostess Party! Earn more dollars in rewards with a smaller qualifying order.
I need 10 hostesses to make this work. You can place your own order or gather orders from family members and friends. If you are interested please contact me before September 20th. I will then email each of you the hostess code you will use when checking out. Click here for all the details.
This is my last month to earn the Incentive Trip to Alaska and I have a stretch sales goal to meet to make it. If you can’t be one of my $100 hostesses please consider placing a $50 order with me. I still need 33 orders to reach my goal. Each $50 order will receive a handmade gift and thank you card. Please use the hostess code QPGANYKA when checking out. Do not check the no contact box or I won’t know who you are to send your thank you.
Thank you for your loyalty and support!
Recipe for Today’s project:
- Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/2 and folded
- Whisper White scrap
- Berry Burst scrap
- Damper Denim scrap
- Fold the 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card base in half and burnish with a bone folder.
- Stamp the flower here and there diagonally across the card using Berry Burst ink.
- Do the same with the leaves in Old Olive but stamp off first for a lighter color.
- Use the largest square in the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies and place the Layering Squares die that is slightly smaller in the center of the stitched die and run them through the Big Shot at the same time.
- Punch the two cats in Dapper Denim and Berry Burst. Flip the Dapper Denim cat over so he is going in the opposite direction.
- Position the cats inside the frame the way you want them, which can be a little tricky. Then lift the dapper denim cat and apply a little adhesive to hold them together.
- Add adhesive in other places to adhere the cats to the frame.
- Use Mini Dimensionals on the back of the frame and regular dimensionals on the back of the cats and place the frame and cats slightly off centered.
- Stamp the sentiment. Forever young is from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set
- Die cut the little butterflies and adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Tie a little White Twine bow and add with a glue dot.
- Place a happy birthday sentiment on the inside and sent to your favorite friend.
Click Images to shop in my online store:
I’m back today with a sweet card made with new Cat Punch. I love that you can purchase the punch alone or bundle it with the Spooky Cat stamp set and save 10%. If you are a lover of Halloween then I’m sure you will want the bundle. But if halloween is not your thing you still may find lots of ways to use this cute punch. Today I punched her in pink and think she’s the sweetest cat ever.
I created my card as part of my team’s Fun Friday Challenge. I challenged them to case (copy and share everything) the cute reindeer card on page 47 of the 2017 Holiday Catalog.
- I just love her in Powder Pink! I paired her with the Whole Lot of Lovely designer series paper and some Sahara Sand card stock.
- The Layering Circle Framelit Dies allow you to cut plain and scalloped circles in a wide range of sizes.
- The sentiment is from the Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set. I have two favorites from that set…Tickled Pink for You and the one I used today…I love you kind of a lot.
- Maybe you would like to case today’s card? I would love for you to share it on my Facebook page if you do.
Yesterday and today I’m having a little fun with a blog give-a-way. Just let me know if you are a cat lover or do you prefer dogs? Give me a meow or bark in the comments today for a chance to win. I’ll be sending one lucky winner a few samples of come current products. Comment on yesterday’s card also and receive two chances to win.
Project directions below.
$1,000 Hostess Party!
Learn how you can earn $20 in hostess rewards without actually hosting a party in your home!
If you can’t be part of the $1,000 Party please consider placing a $50 order with me this month. After crunching the numbers for the next incentive trip to Alaska I found that I need another 33 orders of $50 each by the end of this month (September) to earn the trip. Each person placing an Alaskan Incentive Trip order will receive a handmade gift and thank you card to show my appreciation. Please make sure you use the hostess code QPGANYKA when checking out and do not click the box to not contact you or I won’t know who you are to send your gift.
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Clearance Rack is stocked with lots of new products – up to 60% off. WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Paper Pumpkin Promo – first time subscribers. 50% off when you use the code HAFLOFF0917
August early release bundle –Carols of Christmas
Don’t forget to check these other ways to shop and save.
Today’s project Directions:
- Shara Sand card base – 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 scored and folded at 4-1/4
- Shara Sand larger scraps for scalloped circle and punched cat
- Whole Lot of Love Designer Series Paper 3-3/4 x 5
- Larger scraps of white for circle and sentiment (1 x 1-3/4)
- Powder Pink scrap to punch cat
- Fold the card base in half and burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere the patterned paper to the card base all the way to the right side with snail.
- Layer the circles with snail and adhere to the card with dimensionals.
- There the two cats per pic and attach to the circle with dimensionals.
- Stamp the image in Sahara Sand and attach to the card with dimensionals.
- Tie a small bow with the Linen Thread and add as a collar.
When you’re making out your wish list make sure the new Cat Punch is on that list! You’re going to ‘Love It’ even if you aren’t a cat lover. And if you are a cat lover…you’ll have a difficult time putting it down! Let’s have some fun…if you’re a cat lover, like I am, comment at least a meow in the comments and if you are a dog lover give me a bark. On Friday morning I will draw a random name and send a few little samples out to the lucky winner!
And don’t forget to add the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper to the list. Why…because the cat can be punched out of the coordinating paper. Here’s a cute Halloween card I used using both the paper and the punch.
Spooky Night Designer Series Paper #144610
The paper is a fun pack for all you Halloween lovers out there! You can punch the cats with the new cat punch and fussy cut the hats like I did. There are pumpkins to cut and an owl in the stamp set that can be stamped right on the tree branch. The black polka dots are for all year round…I just love this paper…can you tell!
Spooky Cat Bundle #146014
The sentiment on my card is from the Spooky Cat Stamp Set. Save 10% when you purchase as a bundle with the Cat Punch.
A little black bling with our new Black Rhinestones! And a tiny Linen Thread bow around her neck. How do I know she’s a girl…because she’s sweet. Come back tomorrow to see how sweet she is.
Measurements, Supplies and Directions below.
I’m So Close!
So close to earning this year’s Stampin’ Up! Incentive trip to Alaska!
I need to do it by the end of this month (September)
This July I went on my first Stampin’ Up! Incentive trip and it was amazing! So I’ve been working all year to earn the next one…an Alaskan Cruise. I really want to earn this trip for my husband, Jeff. He was unable to go to Thailand with me on my first earned incentive trip because he needs his hip replaced which will hopefully be done after the first of the year. Alaska is a dream destination for him and every day or so now he wants to know if I have earned it yet! Like maybe I wouldn’t shout it to the roof tops when I do! LOL
I have to the end of this month (Sept) to earn this trip but after crunching the numbers it looks like, after my normal monthly sales, I’ll be about $2,000 in sales short. That’s 40 orders of $50! I now have 7 orders placed or promised which now leaves me at 33 – $50 orders! So I’m asking my friends, family, customers and those that follow me to help me reach my goal this year. Everyone that places a $50 order or greater will receive a handmade gift and thank you card to let you know how much I appreciate you. You can place an order online using this hostess code when checking out QPGANYKA. Do not check the box that says you don’t want to be contacted or I won’t know who you are to thank you. If you would like me to place your order for you I would be happy to do that. Just call or email me your order (both are at the top of the page.)
Help me color in my ship!
I appreciate your support and encouragement!
Basic Black Card Base: 4-1/4 x 11 Folded in half plus scrap for oval
Pumpkin Pie – 4 x 5-1/4
Very Vanilla – 1 x 4 plus scrap for oval
Spooky Night Designer Series Paper 3 x 4 plus another piece 1 x 3-3/4 plus scraps to punch the cat and fussy cut the hat
Fold Basic Black card stock in half for card base
Adhere Pumpkin Pie layer to card base
Stamp Happy Halloween on the Very Vanilla strip with Archival Basic Black Ink and banner the 1” wide strip of DSP with your snips. Then adhere and layer as in picture.
Cut the two ovals and adhere together.
Punch the black cat from the Spooky Night DSP and and adhere to ovals.
Fussy cut the hat from the Spooky Night DSP and adhere with dimensionals and add a black rhinestone to the hat. Tie a small bow with Linen Thread and adhere to the cat with a rolled glue dot.
Adhere the finished ovals to the card base