Two commenters from last weeks posts will be receiving cards!
The first recipient is Marlene De Boer who said…” This card is gorgeous and I love hydrangeas. So elegant and would be honored to receive this card. But if not, will need to order this bundle”. You can view the card here.
And second is Schanna Bodkin, This is what she said about this card...The color combination makes this tree so peaceful and inviting! What a beauty to get in the mail.
Thank you everyone for your comments. If you don’t already have this awesome stamp set you may want to make sure you purchase it before it’s too late. You have through August 31!
Now on to today’s post where I have two similar cards.
This card is my first play with the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set. I wanted to keep it clean and simple. I did a really quick watercolor of the reindeer on watercolor paper with Soft Suede ink after stamping him in Black Stazon. And then punched him out with the coordinating punch.
- When watercoloring Stazon is a perfect ink to use to stamp the image so there’s no chance of the outline bleeding into your image.
- To add some interest to this clean and simple card I embossed the whisper white layer with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder making it look like snow.
- I decided no watercoloring with multiple cards to make. I stamped the image with our Archival Basic Black ink on Crumb Cake card stock and made it easy on myself.
- To create the snow this time I used the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Catalog that will go live on September 1. Lots of really cute designs but I was excited when I saw snow!!
- I added the die cut from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits and loved the look. Just such a fun set of dies.
- Remember…you save 10% when you buy bundles. This bundle includes the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set and the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- If you have trouble glueing down intricate dies the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to the rescue. I love it! Here’s a tip that I mentioned last week…dot the glue on the back of the die instead of running a fine line. And then let it sit for a very short time. No messy glue squirting out from behind the die onto your card front. Really…try it!
- How many Stampin’ Up! Dimensionals do use in a week. Me…tons!! Love they way they pop the images but not too much like others I have used.
So which is your favorite? I know which one is mine. I decided that I will add it as an extra card at this week’s Quick and Cute Card Class.
If you’re local please join us for class. Today is the last day to register!
Only one spot left for the evening class! Several for the morning class
Thursday, August 25
10:00am or 6:30 pm
We will be making 6 cards with envelopes (2 each of 3 designs)
plus the Cookie Cutter Christmas bonus card
$15 fee or a Minimum Order
RSVP Here…Right Now!
Need a Holiday Catalog?
Click Here to Request Your Copy to Sit and Drool Over
Thanks for stopping by!
Products used it both of today’s cards: